2010 rmz 250

After refusing to help me with a bad rod bearing at 18 hours, Stop'ing their contingency a year early and now refusing to put the 2010 out in the US I don't care....

I will not buy another after buying 11 new Suzuki's over the years....

...I dont blame you at all. I just dont get what they are trying to do...? I havent seen a pro team go without bikes like this either....

I havent seen a pro team go without bikes like this either....

Stroupe has his 2010 RMZ250 ready.........

http://www.racerxonline.com/assets/wallpaper/96/45_BIKE1.JPG

I own a 2010 RMZ250 and if you want to see what there like, go ride a 2010 CRF250R and imagine you have the same awsome throttle response, you have alot more bottom end power with nearly equal mid and top. It turns better but you sacrafice a bit of stability at high speed. Suspenson is also alot firmer. Everyone who has ridden my bike regardless of what they came off of thinks it's one of the best bikes they've ridden on a mx track. But maybe they are just being nice. :ride:

I have 7 hours on mine and no problems so far. touch wood.

• Like 1

They (Suzuki) is forcing you to buy up the 08 and 09 before they build more than they can sell...

"if we don't ship them, they'll buy up whats left"

you're exactly right. Suzuki is only going to release 500 250f's, 500 450's, and 500 of the rmz450x models for 2010 for the US. They have way too many 09 units still on the showroom floors. They plan on releasing the bikes march/april and also will do an early release on the 2011 models (aug/sept). The purpose is to move as many of the older units as possible and to prevent the 2010's from being stuck on the showroom floor as well. I'm no insider, but I had a long conversation with a Suzuki dealer in NC last weekend about it and thats what they were able to share with me.

If I wanted a new 2010, I would not buy an 08 or 09 just because that is what they have. I would wait for the new ones. I have seen very few RMZ's in showrooms in the upper midwest. The ones I have seen, the dealers want full list or close to it. I would not buy an 08 at full list only to have it drop 3 grand in value as soon as you put a lap on it. From what I have seen of the 2010's on videos, I think they would sell them if they had them on the dealer floors.

If I wanted a new 2010, I would not buy an 08 or 09 just because that is what they have. I would wait for the new ones. I have seen very few RMZ's in showrooms in the upper midwest. The ones I have seen, the dealers want full list or close to it. I would not buy an 08 at full list only to have it drop 3 grand in value as soon as you put a lap on it. From what I have seen of the 2010's on videos, I think they would sell them if they had them on the dealer floors.

I agree.

I also think that they are holding off to assist the dealers, but there is no way I'd pay list for an 08 or 09 either. So my question is...who is Suzuki really helping by doing this? The dealers? As they are trying to milk the highest dollar out of the customer on a left over....? If they wanted to help the dealer, they should extend the contigency money to inclued the 08's and 09's for an extra year. That would help them sell the overstock.

Don't think they did anything like that here in the UK, they've been on shop floors since November. I don't think they struggled to sell the 09's here either, there were none left by late summer time. I tried to buy one but I couldn't find any.

I would laugh in a dealerships face if they told me full list price on an 08/09. I'd tell em they are off the f...in rocker. Suzuki needs to have a rebate like what kawaski did on there left over stock....Don't think to many dealers have any 09 kawi's. I sold my suzuki for the kawi because of the rebate...couldnt beat it.

I personally think that it's the guy in charge of Suzuki's US Imports. There are a number of very good bikes out there that just do not get into the US for whatever reason.

Like back in the late '90's Suzuki totally updated the RMX250 and yet for some reason the US continued to get the old RMX with new graphics ~ and they wondered why we stopped buying a 10 year old design...

And in just about any other country around the world you can buy a brand new RM250, some even have cross country conversions (big tank and a head light ~ ala RMX), and yet they can not be found in the US. Even though they would still a bunch of them.

And look how long it took to get a real off-road 450 to market. Yes the DRZ400 was a good bike in 2000 but by '05 the same bike was toast against a WR or CRF 450. And who knows how long it'll be before they come out with a RMx250 (4 stroke off-road), maybe never.

And now we have both the 250f and the 450 getting delayed to the US for so long that they may never get tested against the rest in any magazine this year. You would think that they would have learned their lesson from the '08 / '09 z450 marketing failures.

Seriously, the US Importer must really work for Honda or Yamaha, because it's clear that they are not focused in on selling Suzuki's in the US.

I tried to buy a 2009 and they wanted retail. I told them it would look good sitting on the showroom floor next year with the 2010.

I gotta give you :ride::ride:. I don't understand some of these dealers. I have been buying bikes for over 20 years and I have never paid retail.