Sign in to follow this  

California Mojave in April-too warm?

No April is still good for riding, can get a tad worm , but not like it will in May.

It can go either direction - either great or pretty warm. You're probably OK.

its the BEST trip of the year, flowers, green carpet of growth, warm days nice nites, usually no wind. Not as many people as earlier in the year. I cant go this year due to my pending belly surgery. First trip missed in 20 yrs or so.

It can really vary. I've experienced rain, hurricane force winds, freezing cold, and temps of 110 in the month of April. It just depends on the exact weather when you are there.

Usually it's pretty nice at that time of year. If the rain keeps up we could have an amazing amount of wildflowers.

It's never to hot to ride in the Mojave desert. On days where it is 110, i swear you'll have some of the best rides early, from about 6am to 9. The weather is just awesome. Once 10 hits though you'll start feeling it.

The biggest problem that I have with the summer is I try to be prepared for whatever happens. A broken bike could turn from a minor inconvenience to a life threatening ordeal depending on just how hot it does get and how far out you are.

I do pretty much the same here in Santa Clarita. In the summer I'll do a dawn patrol ride at Rowher and it easily can hit 110 or more in the day. I'm usually back at the truck by 9:30 and I laugh at people unloading for a ride.

There is something even better than riding from 6 to 9 in the morning. It's riding from 8 till 2 or 3 in the middle of the night. Good times.

There is something even better than riding from 6 to 9 in the morning. It's riding from 8 till 2 or 3 in the middle of the night. Good times.

Carl, you should change your handle to nightrider..:ride: