Sign in to follow this  

no handlebars

I can ride my YZ with no handle bars lol jk jk. Umm Ive got a 2006 YZ250 and I'm upgrading from My stock renthal bars to the newer stock pro taper bars and im having an issue finding clamps. I see they have ones that turn my stock clamps into holding the bigger bar but they raise the bar and i dont want that is there anything else on the market?

A great way to go on the 06 upper clamp is to use the bar mounts from an 07 or later....yz, yzf, whatever. They are cheap (used) and are oem, so no problems with fit. Even if you have to buy new, they are not that bad.

cannon where are you finding them used? i looked on ebay and got nothing. mayb i type too much into the search bar but who knows. brp has nice ones but are way expensive. but i might have to spend some money for them. wut about pro tapers stuff? i looked and they had clamps but it said they are used for rubber clamps does that mena i cant put them on the stock triple clamp?

cannon where are you finding them used? i looked on ebay and got nothing. mayb i type too much into the search bar but who knows. brp has nice ones but are way expensive. but i might have to spend some money for them. wut about pro tapers stuff? i looked and they had clamps but it said they are used for rubber clamps does that mena i cant put them on the stock triple clamp?

I might know someone with a set......I have seen used on ebay, but often they are attached to clamps or forks. You woudl need to find some silly ass who bought a set of forks and has a spare clamp lying around....and a set of forks...

I did not reply to this as a way to sell mine..really, I like spare parts and its never bothered me to have a garage full. I would not use a rubber mount set on the stock clamp. The clamp was not designed for them and all you get is a twisted mess. Sometimes from even tying the bike down.

For aftermarket stuff, Ride Engineering clamps look great and are reasonably priced. I would love to have a set of these. http://www.ride-engineering.com/products.php?d=1&p=bm&pn=AF-BBM00-CA

I can ride my YZ with no handle bars lol jk jk. Umm Ive got a 2006 YZ250 and I'm upgrading from My stock renthal bars to the newer stock pro taper bars and im having an issue finding clamps. I see they have ones that turn my stock clamps into holding the bigger bar but they raise the bar and i dont want that is there anything else on the market?

just get the pro taper bar mounts with your new bars unbolt your stock ones and put the pro taper bar mounts on same as stock just holds fat bars