Sign in to follow this  

FCR seems be running lean ?

Hi all i've just finished installing a DRZ 'E' FCR to my DRZ SM

Feel a lot more responsive and lofts the front a lot easier now :ride:

But i think its running lean but im not 100 % sure , i seem to be getting quite a lot of popping on deceleration and the header started to glow in my garage after running it up and blipping the throttle a few times

Initially the fuel screw was at 1.5 turns so when i noticed the header i opened it out to 2 turns , at this setting it popped quite a lot on deceleration

the rest of the settings were

EMN needle -clip 3 (from the top)

Main 160

Pilot 45 stock ?

PAJ 100

Main air 200

Fuel screw 2 turns

CE removed and connections blanked off

The bike also has the following other mods ,3x3 ,full scorpion exhaust and altitude is 0-500 ft

i later adjusted the settings to the below specs but it still pops quite a lot on deceleration ,and it didnt before on the old cv carb,the TPS is also connected .

EMN needle- clip 4 (from the top)

Main 160

Pilot 45 stock ?

PAJ 100

Main air 200

Fuel screw 2.75 turns

CE removed and connections blanked off

Not quite sure what to try next so any input greatly appreciated

Hi Eddie

cheers for the reply i know your a busy man .

Well unfortunately i havent got access to an extended fuel screw at the moment as the one i bought didnt fit (tip looked fatter than the stock one)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FUEL-SCREW-RMZ-Suzuki-CRF-KXF-Kawa-YZF-KTM-KEIHIN-CARB_W0QQitemZ360222487134QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item53deeef25e

but when i had the screw @ 2.75 its idling slightly quicker than when @1.5 turns if thats any help ?

i could go and wind it in all the way and see if it wont idle too ,but for me thats prettty much carb off as it wont quite twist enough to gain access to the screw .

I have blocked the pipe off that used to connect to the old carb , is there anywhere else i should block ?

Was going to remove it but ive managed to loose the blanking plate i had to put on where it goes ..

I also have the non vacuum petcock , the ap arms are wired and ap pump diapham stopper is ground off (Eddie mod !)

The breather pipe that used to connect to the old sm air boot is not conneted to anything atm and the other pipe that went to the old carb is blocked off too

Went for a spin on it yesterday had a couple of really loud backfires on the overrun ,sounded good but its probably not good lol

The breather pipe that used to connect to the old sm air boot is not conneted to anything atm and the other pipe that went to the old carb is blocked off too

you either need to remove the whole valve and put the blaking plate on the head or plug this hose at a minimum.

I completely removed the pair valve the other day and fitted a blanking plate

this has completely cured the problem :ride: cheers Eddie

i also made provision in the E air boot for the breather pipe that would have connected to the SM boot from the black box by the exhaust