Brandon, FL - Can I Get a Lift?

Hi all,

I find myself in the rediculous position of having no transport for my MX bike (2009 YZ450F). I have a little commuter Nissan Sentra...and can't swing a truck right now, as my wife just recently got a new Honda Civic.

When I got back into dirt riding, my bro-in-law was all into it, but we rode three times then he quite riding altogether. I've hooked up with another dude locally, but I don't want to become a nussaince to him. He's an A level rider, and I'm no where near.

If you live near, or happen to drive by the I75/574 (MLK) exit, I live about 4 minutes from there. If you have a slot in your transport, and don't mind carrying an extra bike/passenger, shoot me a PM as the weekends approach. I'll definately hook you up with some gas money.

I've ridden Forest Glen lately, which is my favorite...but Bartow works too. Heck, I'd ride Croom in a pinch! I did a bunch of mods to my bike about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and haven't had the opportunity to ride her. Of course, a couple weekends, the weather was crap.

I'm working on getting a truck, but in the meantime, if you don't mind a tag-a-long, I sure would appreciate a ride. I'm a pretty laid back 40 year old who's got the MX itch back after 15 years away (marriage will do that to you!).

Thanks for reading my sob story. :ride:

Sam

YZ450F.jpg

Sam, I'm of no use for the ride as I'm in Orlando, but have you considered putting a hitch on your Sentra and buying an inexpensive trailer? At least you could be self sufficient this way and not dependent on others for transpo. Just an option.

Hey Sam, sorry haven't been riding since that last time I went to Forrest Glen and my shoulder came out. Just been letting it rest up and have been hitting the gym hard to get it back into shape... So don't think that it bothers me to take ya with me... I'm racing this weeknd at the 1st round of the Dade City Series if you wanna tag along, but won't be going anywhere to just ride... You have my number , so just let me know... :ride:

Jason...you've hooked me up LARGE over the past couple months. I appreciate that. My sorry a$$ needs to get a truck if I want to be able to ride every weekend. In the meantime, trying to see if I can maybe line up another ride or two for those times you got stuff going on (or when yer recovering from a separated shoulder...heh).

Dude, you friggen spoiled me taking me out to A51...that place has got me dreaming of moto 24/7. My wife, daughter and I joined the Y a month ago and I've been hitting it 6 days a week...trying to get into better riding shape.

Dade City...Saturday...I'm gonna try to get my girls to come with me and check it out.

Then if I'm lucky, some awesome TT'er will take my gas money and hook me up with a ride to Forest Glen on Sunday!

I'll let you know in the next comming weeks, i'm in the opposite end of the spectrum got a truck just noone to ride with cause i'm noob! lol MLK is like a 45min drive from me so it may take a little planning but I think third week of feb sounds like a plan!

plus 1 on the hitch and cheapy trailer idea. I used to pull my bike around behind my old Toyota Echo on a converted jet ski trailer no problems at all, and still got over 30 mpg doing so. The trunk is big enough for all your gear, and any car out there is strong enough to tow 1000-1500 pounds.

Search around on the internet and you will get a hitch real cheap, less than 200$ shipped. These hitches just bolt on too, no cutting or drilling or welding usually. Easy to install yourself.

Then as for trailers.... Keep a eye on Craigslist for a small trailer, even a jet ski trailer, or worst case go to harbor freight and pick up a brand new one, they have nice folding trailers that will go in the garage up against the wall for under 300$.

I currently drive a 2008 Toyota Tundra and also a 2005 Camry, and 9 out 10 times I use the camry to take my bike to the trails, it is just so much easier than dealing with putting the bike in and out of the truck and the camry uses half the gas of the truck, and most of my riding is done 1-3 hours away from home.