Leaking

I've got a leak on my 400S and I can't seem to locate the source. There is very little leakage but the wierd part is it drips from end of the chainguard, just in front of the rear axle. I can't tell if it's motor oil or could it be leaking from the shock? Has anybody else had this problem?

Take the cover off the front sprocket and inspect. If leaking at the shaft...the seal needs to be replaced. Do not ride until this is resolved or you will starve the bike of oil and total failure will result...if you have not done damage already.

Thanks for the info. I will inspect right away, is it a big job to replace the seal?

So there is residue on the rear hub? You may also check to see if the air filter was too saturated with oil and dripping from the air-box drain, thus blown onto the rear hub? That's my two cents......another could be.....

MB

The bike only has 2500 miles on it. I checked the air filter and it is saturated, not to the point where oil is dripping off of it. There is no oil on the hub, or anywhere else for that matter. I turn it off, set it on the kickstand and come back a half hour later and there is a small puddle about 1 inch round.