Carolina riding Feb 6th or 7th?

lets see 7....that would have been back pre-pneumatic?:ride:

having had a couple CR500's myself i really couldn't see a TT on one of those. i'd of just as soon showed up to a race wearing a pink tutu than a TT on my 500:busted:

Tim Lee has a 803 on his CR500, in honesty I have no idea how it performs on the beast though.He said it was an improvement over the S12:excuseme:

I rode CR500's for 8 years back to back hillclimbing and trail riding and enjoyed the look of disbelief from others when riding ST at Brown & here in the Bakersville & Spruce Pine area.

Yet the expression of several riders when I rode my 90 CR500 across a short section on top of a waterfall from one side to the other next to the edge (an outstretched left leg would hang over the edge) was priceless and somewhat :bonk: on my part.That is why you have a buddy take pictures of such a questionable trick on a CR500

There was just enough dry rock from the left side as you enter the waterfall to apply throttle and then coast through the short shallow water section that was running directly off the rock cliff to the stream below, then you carefully make a right turn up the rock and then to the left onto the trail.I crossed it 7 times that summer and I decided that was the limit:banghead:

That 90 CR500 is on my list of "Most Fun bikes Ever"?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe

my stomach gets butterflies just reading that:worthy:

Yeah, Danny who is my riding partner and mechanic, was with me twice when I crossed it and that was the first time he has actually been upset with me while riding :ride: As he said "If the clutch cable or throttle cable break or you lose your balance or the engine stalls or the rear tire spins to the left you are?

Then he took me to the bottom of the waterfall and showed me "it's a long way to here from there" :bonk:

Of course,he may have been thinking of all the mechanical damage to the CR500 instead of my personal safety:smirk: One picture is worth a 1000 words:D

It would have been hard to fix that CR500 after a 60' fall off that waterfall, plus having to drain all the water out to get it running again. And that was before we started running trials tires, so it would never climbed back up that waterfall.

If the CR500 had a certified Jimmy Knobby, possibly I could have climbed the waterfall from the bottom and performed a nac-nac at the top:smirk: Then again, I could do the nac-nac on the way down :ride:

It would have been hard to fix that CR500 after a 60' fall off that waterfall, plus having to drain all the water out to get it running again. And that was before we started running trials tires, so it would never climbed back up that waterfall.

My riding pal and mechanic since 1992:worthy:

And witness to the waterfall brainfart:D

are you talking about timothy lee that little feller that races with us on the mini bikes,if it is i really can't picture him on a 500 after racing close for 2 laps and side by side with him one time for entire final lap at last yrs mtn challenge,him on a 150R and me on my 500AF it was like racing with a freakin' tasmanian devil;i was almost afraid to be side by side with him:crazy: on the last lap it was big todd,timmy lee,me,and smart todd....i just could not be beat by a dang 150 on my CR500 so i came in waaay hot right before the checker/no passing zone and passed him with the front and rear brakes locked up. musta been quite the sight,i know people were scrambling out of the way:busted:

that was the most fun i've ever had in a race:thumbsup:

i definately agree the 500's are awesome climbers,we went up a waterfall at brimstone with at least a foot of water cascading over rock ledges 45' + slope for about a hundred yards,BIG pucker factor....but the bottom pull of those 500's just about idles up that crap(the rekluse really helps too!)

Hmm, must be the same Tim Lee.

He switched from the CR500 to KX100 to I guess that 150R.

He took me on some wild trails at Brown Mtn a couple of years ago.

"The Rock" - could not see the bottom, you kind of ride right off the top. Pretty wild steep, steep down hill with no run out, just stop and turn the bike around and head up.

Off of trail 9/10. I hear the rangers will take your bike if caught out there again.

are you talking about timothy lee that little feller that races with us on the mini bikes,if it is i really can't picture him on a 500 after racing close for 2 laps and side by side with him one time for entire final lap at last yrs mtn challenge,him on a 150R and me on my 500AF it was like racing with a freakin' tasmanian devil;i was almost afraid to be side by side with him:crazy: on the last lap it was big todd,timmy lee,me,and smart todd....i just could not be beat by a dang 150 on my CR500 so i came in waaay hot right before the checker/no passing zone and passed him with the front and rear brakes locked up. musta been quite the sight,i know people were scrambling out of the way:busted:

that was the most fun i've ever had in a race:thumbsup:

i definately agree the 500's are awesome climbers,we went up a waterfall at brimstone with at least a foot of water cascading over rock ledges 45' + slope for about a hundred yards,BIG pucker factor....but the bottom pull of those 500's just about idles up that crap(the rekluse really helps too!)

Yep, that's Tim Lee:smirk: He is really good in technical ST and on that KX100 the bike will slam dance to the left & right:eek:

I rode with him 3 times last year at Brown while he was on the 150 and he still had the KX100 also.

I really had some good times on the mighty CR500's Just point & pull the trigger on any hill:worthy: You are right mountain man, the 500's had awesome low end grunt and these bikes will teach you quickly about throttle control:crazy: I would simply run my 500's in a tall gear and warn the other riders about the monster roost with the S12 140/18 knobby:busted: