Cams for 09

After all this discussion, I decided to purchase an 06 cdi for my 09 yz450. I have the stock cams and a Dr.D pipe. After I receive it I will have a friend swap cdi's back and forth not telling me which cdi is on the bike. Stand by!

Yeah man!? Keep us updated.

He rode his 07 with 06 cams 07 cdi. He liked but didnt know it till I put 06 cdi on. He didnt like it. Put 07 box back on and loves it. So this notso scienctific test. 06 cdi with 07 cams= more hit but not as much as 06 box and cams that I like.

He rode his 07 with 06 cams 07 cdi. He liked but didnt know it till I put 06 cdi on. He didnt like it. Put 07 box back on and loves it. So this notso scienctific test. 06 cdi with 07 cams= more hit but not as much as 06 box and cams that I like.

So, 06 cams w/06 CDI has too much of a hit (power) and when you put the 07 CDI on, it broadens the power (smoother)?

Wonder how GUNNER made out?

I like the 06 cam and cdi cmbo. Ive always liked lots of bottom end. He liked some more bottom end but not as much as mine. So I think you can use either one to achieve more hit. Cdi is alot easier to change. 6 minutes verse's 60 minutes.