What's the word on the 2007 Aprillia 550 dual sport?

07 had a few problems apparently. i have an 08 and have had no problems. I wouldn't get an 06 or 07 unless i couldn't find an 08. Great bike, more power than you'll ever need on dirt (but i wouldnt want any less now) definitly the most fun i've had on two wheels.

There is nothing wrong with the 06/07's as long as all the issues are fixed. If it has orange sealed crank cases it will need i rebuild but nothing else to worry about.

Maintenance is no different to any other dirt bike. You change the oil, clean the air filter, etc.

When there are setup right they are the best fun to 2wheel. Have problems and you will wished you had never seen one. Have a bad dealer and don't understand what you own and it will be a f@#king matemare.

Hmmm, hard to say....

Many good Aprilia dealers know nothing about these bikes. If there is orange sealant between the case half, IT WILL need to be resealed, sooner or later...They need to be de-restricted CORRECTLY!!! yet still many 2006-2007's have a few issues, while they can be overcome, be smart and go to the AF1 website and look up the forum for the SXV/RXV bikes, then search for information, as all info is there!!

hmmm.... there is a really good dealer here close to my house, which doesn't make it any easier does it? :ride: