trials bike?

i'v been looking at getting a secondhand trials bike to use for training for off road riding/racing, i have no idea where to start though lol, looking for somthing secondhand and relitively cheap, not after the latest bit a flashy gear jsut soemthing i can use to help me train, what brand are out there that do trials bikes? i know gasgas, sherco and beta do but what else might i look at?

i'v been looking at getting a secondhand trials bike to use for training for off road riding/racing, i have no idea where to start though lol, looking for somthing secondhand and relitively cheap, not after the latest bit a flashy gear jsut soemthing i can use to help me train, what brand are out there that do trials bikes? i know gasgas, sherco and beta do but what else might i look at?

There's also Montesa and Scorpa. Be sure to stay away from Fanatics. There's not many parts left for them.

A friend of mine sells Montesa's and Scorpa's and he really likes them, the Scorpa's have Yamaha engines so some parts are interchangeable, they also have no suspension linkage, and the Montesa's do have a linkage and have been 4-stroke only for a few years, I know a lot of people have Gas Gas's but my friend(the one who sells montesa's and scorpa's) had 2 of them seize up on him, Beta's are good machines too, beyond that I do not know a whole lot about trials bikes besides that their really fun, Just my 2 cents

they pretty much bottom in price around 1500-2k for a modern bike. you can really get something, ride it for a year or two, and then sell it for about what you paid if you get an older bike. then just go pick a brand. the general idea is jump on a few and see what you like.

they pretty much bottom in price around 1500-2k for a modern bike. you can really get something, ride it for a year or two, and then sell it for about what you paid if you get an older bike. then just go pick a brand. the general idea is jump on a few and see what you like.

+1 Red:thumbsup:

I would lean towards whatever bike(s) is best supported in your region.

A friend of mine sells Montesa's and Scorpa's and he really likes them, the Scorpa's have Yamaha engines so some parts are interchangeable, they also have no suspension linkage, and the Montesa's do have a linkage and have been 4-stroke only for a few years, I know a lot of people have Gas Gas's but my friend(the one who sells montesa's and scorpa's) had 2 of them seize up on him, Beta's are good machines too, beyond that I do not know a whole lot about trials bikes besides that their really fun, Just my 2 cents

I think if your buddy seized TWO different bikes, that says more about him than the make of bike:bonk:.

i swear i clicked that with 5 bids at 300 something or other on it.

i swear i clicked that with 5 bids at 300 something or other on it.

Yup, all bids were cancelled on the 14th.

Lots of trials websites have links with used bikes for clubs all over the country. Try one out before hand, whatever you like is the one for you. http://www.natctrials.org other sites like Gas Gas, etc.

Yup, all bids were cancelled on the 14th.

i wonder why

Yes....far away!

I'm wondering about parts. Maybe If I could get it for $100 or less. But then there's shipping from Ca. so guess not.

Parts will add up quick on a old beater like this. Not a good 1st bike - much better restoration project by someone who does it as a hobby.

Parts will add up quick on a old beater like this. Not a good 1st bike - much better restoration project by someone who does it as a hobby.

Okay, I'll keep on the look out then.