Dear Manufacturer's

Will one of you (Yammi, KTM, Husky, Zook, Honda, Kawi, I really don't care which) please make a dirt bike with 50 bhp, a 6 speed close ratio tranny (with tall 1st and tall 6th), kick AND electric start, a 2.5 gallon tank, that weighs no more than 235 lbs wet. I don't really care what displacement it is so long as it hits that bhp mark. I prefer a 4T, but if you made it a 2T I'd consider it.

Me love you long time when you make this bike.

i seriously doubt it as well to be honest, 235 pounds is 450 mx bike teritory no that's lighter then a 450 mxer, so your saying you want a bigger fuel tank, added e start and an extra tranny gear in a 450 mxer while also weighing less, i supose you want it to cost under 20 grand as well? i think your dreaming.

KTM 500 mxc 208lb dry just needs electric start and another gear.

that's not to mention that your talking 25 year old technology, and that they're actually 227 pounds dry, not 208.

i've heard rumors that the gasgas EC300's may soon have E start, gonna be the closest thing you'll find to what your after, 6 speed, and e start, with a few engine mods 50 hp is easily achivable, but still around 250 pounds wet.

I came close in 1975.

I built a Honda XL350 engined (punched to 403cc) that produced 40HP (on Axtell's Dyno) and weighed 240 pounds. It had an adjustable head crown, aluminum disc brakes, pumper carb, and I later built my own shocks for it (Motorsport Air Shocks).

Sorry, only a 5 speed, but heck that was 35 years ago.

Don

Will one of you (Yammi, KTM, Husky, Zook, Honda, Kawi, I really don't care which) please make a dirt bike with 50 bhp, a 6 speed close ratio tranny (with tall 1st and tall 6th), kick AND electric start, a 2.5 gallon tank, that weighs no more than 235 lbs wet. I don't really care what displacement it is so long as it hits that bhp mark. I prefer a 4T, but if you made it a 2T I'd consider it.

Me love you long time when you make this bike.

I think the closest you can get right now is a 250/300 XC. Just need a 6th gear The SX250 has 50hp but no electric start.

So take a 250/300, add a 6th gear and you pretty much have it.

ktm 300 exc is pretty close. i getting a 2011 model when it comes out:banana: 227 lbs 5 speed easy to work on, stator for lights, electric starter. sounds bitchin to me!

still 255 pounds wet, i did at one stage get mine down to 228 pounds wet, but that was pretty much in motorcross trim, might as well of had an 250SX.

I think the KTM's are the closest your going to get as well (as of now). The thing I dont get is all of the complaining I hear about 25/50lbs on a motorcycle compared to where you want to be in total weight.

Now when I go into the gym and pick up a 50lb plate, yes its heavy but its not THAT heavy and when we are talking motorcycles I dont feel that 50lbs is a lot to be concerned about!! Now 100lbs, yes, now its getting alot of weight added on but I feel with all your getting with these modern steeds of bikes like elec.start, monster power plants, selective 6spds (ktm models) that the weight ratio is pretty good.

The thing that worries me about the bike makers trimming weight to compete with "who has the lightest bike" is the durability issues that come along with it. The more metal you trim, the less gussets you add, making the casings out of thinner material all adds up to shorter life spans on a bike. Light is good as long the durability is still there.