Sign in to follow this  

Whats the BEST way to break in new boots?

Okay guys, Ive searched and searched and found various ways to break in my new Alpinestars. So far Ive come across soaking in the bathtub from 20 minutes to the entire night and riding in them for a day wet. Ive also come across the oven method in which you apply an oil, a baseball mit oil, or vaseline and cook em in the oven at 100 degrees. Ive also come across just rubbing in oil and riding. So, can I get some feedback from all you TT'rs on the BEST friggin way to break in? Thanks!

I just rode with mine...I still hate riding with them though.

What I did with mine was to soak them in a tub of water while wearing them and moving my toes around for about 20 minutes

It didnt do much but they were much better...

Wear them around the house for a couple days.

+1. I broke in all my Sidi pairs like that, and I only wear them with the bad ass Sidi socks. I wouldn't dare replace them unless I have to as they fit 100% perfect; I could wear them all day then go for a nap because I forgot they were even on. Don't do anything to cause pre-mature wear in the name of expediting thier break in. If they fall apart and you call for warranty you will have a hell of a time explaining why you had them covered in oil in your oven.

If they fall apart and you call for warranty you will have a hell of a time explaining why you had them covered in oil in your oven.

I rarely see stuff that makes me laugh out loud but this did. LOL

To the OP, just wear them riding. worked for my fox f3

Soak them in virgin olive oil for 3 hours, stuff them with onions and place in 200F oven for 2 hours. Serve with cold beer.

(should serve a family of 4, and dont let the kids touch the beer).

Soak them in virgin olive oil for 3 hours, stuff them with onions and place in 200F oven for 2 hours. Serve with cold beer.

(should serve a family of 4, and dont let the kids touch the beer).

Man...if your going to serve the kids some 'baked boots 'n onions'...might as well let them have a beer to wash it down! :ride:

+1. I broke in all my Sidi pairs like that, and I only wear them with the bad ass Sidi socks. I wouldn't dare replace them unless I have to as they fit 100% perfect; I could wear them all day then go for a nap because I forgot they were even on. Don't do anything to cause pre-mature wear in the name of expediting thier break in. If they fall apart and you call for warranty you will have a hell of a time explaining why you had them covered in oil in your oven.

Wore mine working around the yard for a couple of saturdays and then just rode in them. Washed the car, dug up some trees, didnt mow the lawn tho didnt want to get them all grass stained.

Just when I thought they would never break in, after about 10 minutes of riding.... I just forgot I had them on.