loosing power on rough ground

i noticed that when i was riding across washboard on fireroads or really rough stuff that the power cuts out significantly. its like it starts lugging all of the sudden and then when i get back on smooth stuff everything is fine. i know its not lugged ive got it revved plenty and im not in too high of gear either (1st and 2nd) any ideas? the bike shop told me they have never heard of anything like this, as with most my problems with this bike haha :ride:

o ya its a xrl 650

where can i get a 650r carb? thats cheap cuz i was looking at one and it was like 300+?

I was able to get the whole set up for $100, from craiglist and ebay. I have seen them on Ebay for 200-300 too, I don't know what they are thinking, they can be found for a lot less. There is a thread about putting one on the XR650l search for that, I think it had what people paid for there set ups.

Also check your carbs vent hoses...it is good to install T fittings on each vent hose, then from each T route one hose up under the seat and one hose down like stock. This way if fuel sloshes up into the vent lines, your carb can still get air into the float bowl.