Who wants to see a DRZ race Red Bull Romaniacs?

Hello all. Most of you know me by now or at some point where I thought I messed something up or got paranoid over something.

This thread

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=874157

got myself and a few other DRZ owners talking and we think a DRZ would be fun to race at this race since its so covered in Orange. I have volunteered my services to ride the race. Reason being is that I already ride stuff very, very similar to that here in Hawai'i. The goal is that if you guys show enough intertest in this we may actually just do it. I can already tell you it will not be this year. I have a commitment with being the Marines that wont allow the time that this will take to prepare for something like this. I know some are going to say we are stupid and wont be able to accomplish this and how we have no idea what its going to take and I cant argue that. I dont know what its going to take. All i know is when we actually make it there its gonna make one helluva story!

BONESTOCK

Next year it will be this.

http://www.wxec.info/

They are making a 5 race series of these hard enduros.

well... ... I was planning on doing some AMA D11 races this year on mine, but if one of you guys wants to pay for the plane ticket and getting my DRZ over there. I'm game!:ride:

P1010391.jpg

well... ... I was planning on doing some AMA D11 races this year on mine, but if one of you guys wants to pay for the plane ticket and getting my DRZ over there. I'm game!:ride:

P1010391.jpg

I was reading the classes on their page and w could race as a team. Help each other out. What kind riding do you do now?

I think you would have a better chance on a little 80cc. The jumps are too high and the landings too flat. IMHO

I think you would have a better chance on a little 80cc. The jumps are too high and the landings too flat. IMHO

they are very nice size jumps and I agree small bike would be better but that's the point of racing the DRZ

they are very nice size jumps and I agree small bike would be better but that's the point of racing the DRZ

Let me know when you do it...fly me out and I'll bring the painkillers for ya

well it isn't a 100% we are doing this. Just an idea right now

I'd love to see a DRZ do it, gotta love the underdog!

I do :lol::ride::D:ride::D

I 'll quote my self from the other thread since I missed the beginning of this one. :D

My take on this is that the DRZ should be as recognizable as possible.

Almost like the 2011 DRZ Suzuki could launch with minimal effort at a very reasonable price.

ie.

470 w/FCR, 2007 RM suspension and brakes, lighter exhaust, battery etc.

Such a bike would probably sell like a hotcake and with some extra aftermarket [just like all the KTMs have] could easily compete and stand it's ground.

This could almost be a statement towards Suzuki and the rest of the industry.

photo
photo

Can't see pic :ride:

So what are we looking at $$$ wise. Me and a few mates always talked about going to Erzberg and watch but I think i would like to go to this for on the ground support and help.:ride: Gotta start saving my penny's now.:ride:

So what are we looking at $$$ wise. Me and a few mates always talked about going to Erzberg and watch but I think i would like to go to this for on the ground support and help.:ride: Gotta start saving my penny's now.:ride:

I do not know. Most definately the rider would have to bear some cost but then again it looks like a some of us would want to race there anyway.

Depending on the amount of people willing to donate and the support offered by sponsors there could definately be a very handsome support that could make this viable.

From the video I saw on your other thread... there is no way I would want a DRZ in that race. It's way to heavy.

I think I would want a 2-stroke 125. Light, and has explosive power. Possibly a WR250 2-stroke. Yamaha hasn't made one in a while, but it was my weapon of choice for some of the SCORE and local Enduro races. Low first gear, heavy fly wheel... tall 5th, and it only weighed 220Lbs.

I was reading the classes on their page and w could race as a team. Help each other out. What kind riding do you do now?

I usually just free ride and I've been practicing for some upcoming AMA D11 races which are hare scrambles and GP races. I'm in the process of getting ready for this year, but with out a job it's hard to afford anything. I still need to buy my new riding pants.

I just got a SSW/MRD for my bike, but I still need to jet my carb. And I'm planning on getting my suspension done by Race-Tech. Plus some other small mods like T.M. designworks parts, and after thinking about it I'm not sure if I'll need an oversize tank or not... There's just so much to get done in so little time...

From the video I saw on your other thread... there is no way I would want a DRZ in that race. It's way to heavy.

I think I would want a 2-stroke 125. Light, and has explosive power. Possibly a WR250 2-stroke. Yamaha hasn't made one in a while, but it was my weapon of choice for some of the SCORE and local Enduro races. Low first gear, heavy fly wheel... tall 5th, and it only weighed 220Lbs.

I would want a 250 2T too, but that is not the point.

If there are 530s in that race I do not see why a properly set up 470 could not compete.

We choose to race the DRZ not because it is easy but because it is hard. [yet possible and quite a bold statement]

btw, I do not propose to be the rider, my 36 year old body with it's bad knee and so-so shoulder makes even my adolescent soul wonder if I can make it:busted:

Edited by e_scourboutis
btw

I would really like to try a race like that! Even if its on a DRZ. But i dont think i know how to ride well enough for this type of event.. I ride an SM and mostly on street.. But i would like to see one or support the team that would try such event on a DRZ!

Well guys I see two support guys and two riders as of right now.

To those who say a 250 smoker would be best suited to this race maybe your right. But I saw plenty of 450s and 530s. Mostly KTMs but some Jap bike as well. If they can do it so can we.

Things that we know...

Yes its going to be expensive. But how many chances will we get to do something like this? You can get more money

Yes its going to be hard

They give us FREE Red Bull

Hotel accomodations are included in the entry fee

We will need a Garmin GPS

We need a nice backpack, camelback. Im thinking ZacSpeed

The bikes have to be street legal with insurance.

The Hardest part is going to be getting everyone that wants to be involved there.

I will sleep in a tent if I have too. Its only 6 days.

:ride:

Well guys I see two support guys and two riders as of right now.

To those who say a 250 smoker would be best suited to this race maybe your right. But I saw plenty of 450s and 530s. Mostly KTMs but some Jap bike as well. If they can do it so can we.

2 supporters...have you counted me?

We have a loooong way to go. :lol:

Damn right if the 530s can do so can the DRZ. My position all along.

Come on people, who wants to see the trusty DRZ compete at extreme enduro conditions?

I will sleep in a tent if I have too. Its only 6 days.

You have the right attitude Bonestock!:ride: