2009 400xc-w??

I'm looking at a new 09 400 xc-w and was wanting a little info on this bike. Are they any good? And is $6499 a good price? Thanks for any info.

very nice bike, decent power, not tons, but very smooth. i dont know about penn. but in cali you cant plate it and the exc is the same bike but plated {very minor differences}.

if you can plate it in penn. then i would buy it if a 400 is what you want.

That is the bike I have...best one yet of all the different bikes I have owned. Very predictable linear power, forgiving in long rides and races. Go for it...you won't be dissappointed.

I love mine. My buddy has an 09 530exc and I wouldn't trade. Somehow the 400 just seems to hook up better, and has plenty of power.

the 400 just won a shootout against the berg 390 in dirt bike.

I have a 09 400 xcw and love the bike. It feels much lighter then the 450 although besides the stroke (?) it is the same bike. My buddy got the 450 cause he liked mine so well but is disipointed that the 450 feels much bigger. The six speed wide ratio transmission gets the bike up to 85 mph. The only time I have ever wanted more power is when riding in the dunes with a paddle, out side of that the bike never leaves me wanting for any more. I ride mostely trails and the ktm xcw are set up for trail riding off the show room floor (vs a motocross bike with a close range gearing ratio and a stiff suspension). The bike has great low end power and will lug up anything when I have to get off the throatle. I recently got my boy an KTM 85 two stroke and after experiancing the power band I would consider the XCW 300 as a lighter weight, faster bike then the 400 with simalar low end capabilities. The guys I ride with call my 400 a cheater bike cause it does so well on everything. Your price is good but if there was ever a time to get a deal on a new bike it is now. Let me know how you like it if you take the plunge.

.... The guys I ride with call my 400 a cheater bike cause it does so well on everything.

I have been told that as well:thumbsup:

Only get the 400 if you want to ride like a pro and feel like a kid on your first XR!

If you want to wear a beanie in the summer , flash gang signs in every photo op, go fast on flat wide ground roost big sand corners to impress whom ever , feel the ligaments tear in your arms every time you gas it, slap trees with uncontrollable power and feel like you just spent 2 hours at the gym with Brock Lessner then get a fow fitty.

Im just some over forty rider and thats just my opinion.

Only get the 400 if you want to ride like a pro and feel like a kid on your first XR!

If you want to wear a beanie in the summer , flash gang signs in every photo op, go fast on flat wide ground roost big sand corners to impress whom ever , feel the ligaments tear in your arms every time you gas it, slap trees with uncontrollable power and feel like you just spent 2 hours at the gym with Brock Lessner then get a fow fitty.

:ride:

I have a 300 XCW now, this is the bike im considering as a replacement in the future. But I love the 2t...

If your a pro you might want more power???? If your an amature it has all you need, the kind of power that gets you thru the tricky stuff with ease, does not spin the tire, just gets the job done

what gang sign do i gotta flash since i ride a 530? where is my damn beanie?:ride:

jk krazy:thumbsup:

The 400 is a great bike. If I could ever part with my smoker I'd probably get one. I've owned A 450 and it had WAY more power than I needed. For woods riding and tight trails, too much power. I tried the 400 and ir is smooth.

what gang sign do i gotta flash since i ride a 530? where is my damn beanie?:lol:

jk krazy:thumbsup:

I think like maybe hold five fingers on one hand and three on the other like you have arthritis and severe cramping in some kind epileptic seizure pose would do fine. Maybe and old MSR MX sock for a beanie. :ride:

post that up when you get it down!:ride:

530 is to smooth to count as an arm jerker .

I think like maybe hold five fingers on one hand and three on the other like you have arthritis and severe cramping in some kind epileptic seizure pose would do fine. Maybe and old MSR MX sock for a beanie. :ride:

post that up when you get it down!:lol:

530 is to smooth to count as an arm jerker .

:D :D

not mine...its been tweaked :D

and more tweaks coming :D

im looking in the classifieds for some msr socks. cramping hands with arthritis...check..got that

epileptic seizure...cant have that since im on an anti-seizure med now :ride:

but i will try.

question...can i wash the old msr sock before i put it on my head, especially if i buy it used? :D

I live in western PA and have a 2009 400 XC-W. Fantastic bike. More than enough power for the tight woods I ride. Handles like a dream and the suspension is like a 4 star hotel - plush.

The price you mentioned, $6499, is a great price. Lowest I have heard of for that bike by $400.

jackl4 i agree if i rode tight woods most of the time i would not buy the 530, but because i cant plate an xcw in cali it would be a 450exc. but the 400xcw is so smooth it makes it feel even lighter, great woods weapon.

out west in the dez its all about raw hp. so its all 530 for and built at that, but im a glutton for punishment :ride:

Thanks for all the great info guys. I really like the 400xcw, however I don't have a way to transport it, I don't know of any "legal" riding places in my area, and none of my buddies currently have bikes. I think I need to move and find new friends.:ride:

You can easily get that bike plated here in PA. How is it titled? MCL or ORV?

If it is MCL, you are most of the way there. Here is a very informative link from a guy in my riding club that documented how to make a dirt bike street legal in PA.

http://www246.pair.com/oakdale/dualsport/dual_sport_conversion.pdf

What part of PA are you in? Perhaps we can ride sometime.

jackl4, thanks for the info, I did consider the possibility of getting it plated. My last bike was an 03 DRZ400s. I rode that bike mostly on the street. Had it in the woods maybe 3 times. I really have no desire to ride on the street anymore, too many a--holes on the road. I am about 15 miles east of pittsburgh.

I'm from Pa and have a xcw400 that i plated. It is almost a must depending where you ride (i ride Bald Eagle area)and not a big deal to do.