My new pipe arrived!

Hey guys, I was going to put this in the "lets see your Z" thread, but it doesnt technically have anything to do with my Z, so here you go! I bought a SSW/MRD pipe for my bike. I has the new graphics, and its really sharp! I probably wont get it installed until its above 60 degrees out side because I dont function properly in cold weather:smirk:

I bought the spark arrestor and quiet core for it, and everything seems to be extremely high quality. Even more than my FMF PC4 for my 250 and more than my friends Yosh TRC for his CRF450. Props to Dave and Eddie for designing an awsome pipe! Not looking forward to jetting, but im sure between help from you guy's and my dad I can get it figured out.

P1010435.jpg

P1010429.jpg

P1010436.jpg

P1010437.jpg

Just put my order in yesterday morning.Dave said I should be getting it in about 3 weeks.Thats ok cause it's only around 0 degrees celcius(32 farenheit)

To much ice and snow to be riding yet.Will be installing JD jet kit and SSW/MRD when they arrive no matter how cold it is.

Just put my order in yesterday morning.Dave said I should be getting it in about 3 weeks.Thats ok cause it's only around 0 degrees celcius(32 farenheit)

To much ice and snow to be riding yet.Will be installing JD jet kit and SSW/MRD when they arrive no matter how cold it is.

yhea, we just got about 18-22 inches of snow, and I love snow, but I hate the cold! I cant wait for it to warm up!

When it comes time to do the jetting just take your time and follow the instructions you can find in so many threads. Make sure the hole in the airbox is 3x3 inches, exactly. If you don't you will need to figure out your own jetting instead of using the info here.

60F and sunny here going riding tomorrow:ride: Nice exhaust, looks great, enjoy and have fun.

Where are you guys ordering these from?

Or you can call him direct like I did because I don't trust putting my credit card info on the computer(darn virus's)

His number is on his web page.

I probably wont get it installed until its above 60 degrees out side because I dont function properly in cold weather:smirk:

That's the way to go about it. November 2008 I bought the FCR kit and Yosh RS2 and didn't intall them until April 25, 2009 for the same reason as you. I did the install of the carb and pipe, the jetting, and the 3X3 all in 1 shot. It's better to wait until you can ride the bike regularly to get it tuned right.

hey right on dude!!! i just ordered mine today (mrd ssw)but everyone wants one right now so it will be a week or so :-( but i got the jd jet, k&n air filter, and a hole lot more cant wait! im going to do everything when in exhaust comes in so it is a new bike all over... even tho i have had the bike for 9 days :-P

P.S. its was 74 today

Well, Sunday I installed the new pipe and it just looks sooo musch better than stock! I put the pipe on with out the quiet core/sparky insert first (curious to see just how loud it really is...) well lets just say as soon as it cooled down, I put the quiet core and spark arrestor in.

I know the Q-core only drops it to 96db, but I still can't belive how loud it is with them in the pipe!!!:banana: Sounds great!!! I love the pich. The exhaust note has a nice racy sound:thumbsup: ... but its just so loud! I dont mind how loud it is, but I'm a little worried about other people... hopefully none of my races this year require my bike to be under 96db's either.

Not sure about jetting so far, I havent rode it with the new pipe yet, but I'm sure it'll have to be richend up some. when I had the bike running and it was warmed up it seemed to rev fine with no bog or anything, but I guess you guy's will find out after I take it for a spin later this week some time:smirk:

P1010455.jpg

P1010456.jpg

P1010457.jpg

P1010471.jpg

P1010468.jpg

P1010463.jpg