Dungé Vue?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya he lost because he made too many mistakes. He's a few years older, and wiser. Also the one race Goerke collided with him when Dungey was leading after Goerke was forced to jump awkwardly off a triple and landed in the whoops. Another(Daytona) Dungey was fastest all night and just put himself in the wrong place and the wrong time several times. Still almost got the last transfer spot, as he turned the FASTEST lites lap of the night on the last lap of the lcq. My memory is pretty good with certain stuff lol

Ya he lost because he made too many mistakes. He's a few years older, and wiser. Also the one race Goerke collided with him when Dungey was leading after Goerke was forced to jump awkwardly off a triple and landed in the whoops. Another(Daytona) Dungey was fastest all night and just put himself in the wrong place and the wrong time several times. Still almost got the last transfer spot, as he turned the FASTEST lites lap of the night on the last lap of the lcq. My memory is pretty good with certain stuff lol

I remember a lot of ppl, myself included, saying that about a certain racer.

he went 24-0 because his best competition Alessi DNF the season and Short or Ferry got 2nd in points. They are no where near the level of Dungey, RV, Reed, Carmichael, Grant or Alessi. And look at those last 2(JG and MA): neither one has a title, just a few wins.

Though Short appeared to be getting better.

he went 24-0 because his best competition Alessi DNF the season and Short or Ferry got 2nd in points. They are no where near the level of Dungey, RV, Reed, Carmichael, Grant or Alessi. And look at those last 2(JG and MA): neither one has a title, just a few wins.

Ya MA800 was a big threat..............the first lap or 2.:ride: It is crazy to even think that anyone you named would have been able to take that championship. Did you even watch it that year? See ya.

Ya MA800 was a big threat..............the first lap or 2.:ride: It is crazy to even think that anyone you named would have been able to take that championship. Did you even watch it that year? See ya.

MA was his biggest competition that year....with that being said the gap JS was beating MA by is how bad RC would have beat JS. I'd put money on it. Disagree??? How many times did JS beat RC straigt up outdoors? Or for that matter beat RC at all?...How many times did RC wreck once OR MORE :ride: and still beat James in mx. Bye bye.

I think I know what your saying if MA didnt DNF the season he may have presured JS enough that he may have crashed in some of those motos. That being said I think JS signed the supercross only contract because he new RV was coming and if MA was giving him a little trouble he knew RV was even faster than MA outdoors and he couldnt stand the thought of not being the fastest guy on the track.

I think I know what your saying if MA didnt DNF the season he may have presured JS enough that he may have crashed in some of those motos. That being said I think JS signed the supercross only contract because he new RV was coming and if MA was giving him a little trouble he knew RV was even faster than MA outdoors and he couldnt stand the thought of not being the fastest guy on the track.

Beating somebody by upwards of 45 seconds every race is not giving them a problem.

Does only the second rider ever to go 24-0 mean nothing to you?

MA was his biggest competition that year....with that being said the gap JS was beating MA by is how bad RC would have beat JS. I'd put money on it. Disagree??? How many times did JS beat RC straigt up outdoors? Or for that matter beat RC at all?...How many times did RC wreck once OR MORE :ride: and still beat James in mx. Bye bye.

I don't mean to poke a hole in your rose colored bubble, but James beat RC in a couple motos. Alessi never even came close.

I don't mean to poke a hole in your rose colored bubble, but James beat RC in a couple motos. Alessi never even came close.

MA was a rookie how many motos did JS beat RC in when JS was a rookie. Seems to me JS got out while the getting was good.

Why is it I'm having such a hard time having a spirited conversation about Dungey's racing? Too nice? :ride:

The one flaw everyone comes up with is that he can be rattled. Kinda interesting that this bad weekend came the next race after Hill's podium smack talk.

I kind of think that he looks a lot like Kevin Windham when he rides, but with aggression he had in his youth.