Sign in to follow this  

few 09 fe 570 questions n pics

The bike.. couldnt be happier with this thing! ( photo quality not the best)

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

bit of an hour glass figure goin on.. damn sexy eh :ride:

IMG_0718.jpg

and the question, is this a standard part? map position switch; it has 1 - 9 on it, it was on position 3 from the shop. i have about 80 kms on it is it ok to play with this thing?

IMG_0715.jpg

Hi there,

The Map Position switch is an addon part and doesnt normally come as standard it has 3 available settings 1,2 & 3 (Currently)

1, Soft Power Setting

2, Aggresive Power Setting

3, Standard Power Setting

You can play with it asmuch as you want too :ride:

When you do change the map settings you need to ensure the bike is not running.

ALskatoom, How many km's are you getting to a tank in the single trail ?

I only have 100k's on it so far so cant really tell you what im getting per tank yet, instead of creating another post i thought i would add this in...

IMG_0716.jpg

The thermostat housing had damaged the radiator slightly ( pushed a few fins in and pushed on the core) the bike shop had fitted my rad gaurds from new, so i cant see how this would go unnoticed.. instead on taking it back again!, after a wrongly fitted steering dampner kit! i decided to run the hoses a little better.. but in doing this i discovered that 2 of my sub frame bolts are spinning in the fuel tank and one has been cross threaded all obviously due to poor workmanship, i am taking the bike back tomorrow and telling them to do something with it.. Depending on the service i receive ill be letting fellow aussie tt'ers know of the dealership i bought the bike..:ride:

NSW . I'm looking at a berg for my next bike. No more 390's left in Aus new

The thermostat housing had damaged the radiator slightly ( pushed a few fins in and pushed on the core) the bike shop had fitted my rad gaurds from new,

so i cant see how this would go unnoticed.. instead on taking it back again!, after a wrongly fitted steering dampner kit! i decided to run the hoses a little better.. but in doing this i discovered that 2 of my sub frame bolts are spinning in the fuel tank and one has been cross threaded all obviously due to poor workmanship

That is a real shock, They defo should have known about the thermo hitting the rad. I cable tied mine back just a little bit before it caused the damage.

As for the screws being cross threaded and spinning, I would have done my nut. They should replace the damaged parts (FoC) and I also would go over the bike and make sure there is nothing else they have bodged up.

So i took the berg back to the shop thismorning. Going on what the manual said to do, i attempted to remove the three torxbit bolts either side of the sub from to remove the tank.. The bolts in the middle that have the thread moulded into the tank were the ones spinning, the guy from the bike shop had obviously encounterd this before as he told me its not necessary to remove the middle bolts for really any maitnence on the bike.. He took my tank of while i waited and ran the thermo housing away from the rad. I didnt know if it is worth making a big deal about getting a new tank? Can any other berg owners check and see if they can remove these bolts?

uh ok i use to live in perth but no longer.. must be a new shop.

Can anyone comment about removing those bolts? Im kind of still debating about what to do..

I would ask for a new part. You bought a new bike and paid top dollar. Also the dealer will get the part warrantied. I have OCD and something like that would keep me up at night. LOL

berg, are you familiar with the bolts that im talking about? Are yours able to be removed?

Ok thanks for all the feed back on that.. To help berg owners in the future hold the opposing bolt that is molded in the tank, funny the dealer couldnt eithen tell me that!