Sign in to follow this  

UPTITE Y in Oz?

I think I give up trying to get one of the Y piece radiator thingys over here in Australia.

Does anyone know if the TT shop has them I can't find any reference and the Uptite web page doesn't do on-line sales it appears. Hall's have them listed as 'out of stock'...

If the TT shop does sell them I'll probably go that way to use my 10% new user discount on something worthwhile...

Graeme

Is it worth ponying up the 40 bucks i would have to pay to get one shipped to me in aus for the Y? I just got the bike and its got 3800 kms on it and the cross over hose and plastic T are both like new.

Ditch that plastic/nylon T as soon as you can. If you cant source a Y then at least get a 3/4" hose barbed brass T from a hardware store.

Sure, the stock T's on our 2 '08 TE's were still intact when I upgrades them, but they hadnt seen the Nor Cal summer temps. Ditch that plastic unless you want to end up in the ditch. :ride:

I'd love to just put in a 3/4" brass T but then you need to get a right angle piece of radiator hose (is there such a thing)? If I have to get a standard Husky hose with the bend in it anyway I may as well go to the trouble of sourcing the Uptite part.

Trust me I've been trying to maneuver a copper T in with the standard hose and a bunch of bought 3/4 hose and it always kinks too much.

Also for the other Aussies here R&D will be getting some Ys in eventually but want $80 for them...he had a few but sold them months ago and hasn't replaced them yet.

I might try motoxotica...

***R&D HUSQVARNA IN SYDNEY DO THE Y PIPE !

its aftermarket obviously and not uptite, its a uk cast alloy pipe and i had one on my te510 without issue ! also cheaper than the uptite one !

***R&D HUSQVARNA IN SYDNEY DO THE Y PIPE ! ***

its aftermarket obviously and not uptite, its a uk cast alloy pipe and i had one on my te510 without issue ! also cheaper than the uptite one !

sure stefan has them in stock ? worth a call ! 68 bucks delivered i think ?

I mounted the Y connector yesterday. The angle of the hose is different because they are designed for the T connector. But with a little bit of jiggling, there are no kinks. I ordered the Y connector and LED from George at Uptite and had them sent to my son's address in Colorado. I visited him last month and brought them back home in my luggage.

I should have posted a offer to buy in bulk for Aussies as they weigh next to nothing. If I travel again next year I will put out an offer. If anyone is heading to the US in the next few months they might like to do the same.

Stefan (not the one mentioned above but R&D provide good parts advice and service)

Went on the R&D husky site, they have all the husky gear now! But no Y's unfortunately. Sometimes i wished i lived in the US. Things are so much cheaper over there.

Went on the R&D husky site, they have all the husky gear now! But no Y's unfortunately. Sometimes i wished i lived in the US. Things are so much cheaper over there.

No, you don't. I spent some time over in Australia in 2006 and it was the best country I have gone to. Great surf, great places to ride, cool cars, great clubs, great barrier reef....

SoCal and Oz have a lot in common in terms of climate and life style. I lived in San Diego for almost a year in the early 70's. It was different and the same if you can get my drift.

....anyway...I did end up sourcing a Y here in Oz...Picton MC had one so should have it by the end of the week...$70 smackers though...

On another matter as I mentioned in another thread I had a seeping fuel pump O ring tracked to a couple of nicks in the rubber. I have a tentative price for a replacement Husky O ring of wait for it...$125...:ride: so as I was able eventually to get the slightly buggered O ring to seal I would now like to source a new one but maybe not an OEM part. Does anyone know the dimensions of the fuel pump mounting plate O ring...looks to be about 4 to 5 inch diameter and maybe 1/4" thick...surely I can get one from an O ring supply co. cheaper than $125 bucks.

I'm hesitant to pull the dodgy one out again for fear I won't be able to get it to seal again at all.

They just don't have them at the moment he sold the ones he had a few months ago and hasn't replaced them yet...a couple of weeks maybe. I found one at Picton MC not sure if its Uptite or the UK copy...

We just need a larger population to make things cheaper...wait...no we don't...

The price of paperback books shocked me when I was in Australia around 1980.

They still seem pretty high. I figure they're protecting their printing industry.

Ok I emailed R&D, said he's trying to get more in from the UK, will know in 2 days. And i still wanna live in the us for bike prices. You guys can pick up brand new bikes for less than we can get second hand ones.

Ok I emailed R&D, said he's trying to get more in from the UK, will know in 2 days. And i still wanna live in the us for bike prices. You guys can pick up brand new bikes for less than we can get second hand ones.

Just earn more money...hehe...and we get more annual leave than the US guys do...more time to ride.

I'm 15, earning more money isnt much of an option unfortunately. R&D said there gettin some in a weeks time and they are gonna be 60 bucks.

Hey my son is 15 and learning to ride my old XR between studying and trying to impress girls...and as Dirthead said we have some good things going for us on this side of the pond I just wish I had bought the 310 before I went to Cal earlier in the year I would have bought some stuff back with me hehe...

Got my Y (UK one by the look of it no UpTite branding) and installed it on the weekend...also found I must have overtightened a couple of the tank shroud bolts as I have a case of spinning nuts...anyone know how to get the bolt out if the nut is spinning in the tank...I haven't fiddled with them and not sure how they got overtightened as I thought it could be an issue so was pretty careful.