Sign in to follow this  

Florida, Woods Helmet cam (Contour HD)

Thanks, started up front (south) at the sand pit and ran the west side down to the pavillion.................... It was nice and damp after the rains. Should be nice tomorrow as well.

Scott

YA nice video. I would like to ride a croom`s some day ? It remines me of some of the sandy trails here in michigan. How do you like your yz 450 in the sand , i`v been thinking about an 09 yz 450 , any turning problems ? Have fun. Man it looks like you could get lost with all the trials that cross every place.

cool! we were parked just across the parking area from where you stared the vid at the "Sand Hill pit". You guys look like you do the hare scramble stuff and the fellas i ride with on Tues/Thurs do as well.

The ContourHD is a sweet camera. I have the same, just don't like the wind noise at higher speed. I put a couple piecs of electric tape over the tiny hole on the bottom and that helped a tad, but not much.. !

One thing i did notice in all the vids i have done recently, is the video quality is MUCH better on overcast days like this past thurs. when you did this vid. when it is bright, you get the camera trying to adjust when you come in and out of sunlight from the trees and the quality diminishes.

Great video. You're going through Croom faster than I usually do. The camera makes the trail look smoother than it is. I'd like to see you get a video of the trail that starts in the southwest corner and goes north along te western boundary. The one just inside the trees with the excellent berms, not the major whooped highway along the fence. Maybe have a buddy out front so you can see how he busts the turns. Thanks again. Makes me want to fire up the 2 smoke.

cool! we were parked just across the parking area from where you stared the vid at the "Sand Hill pit". You guys look like you do the hare scramble stuff and the fellas i ride with on Tues/Thurs do as well.

The ContourHD is a sweet camera. I have the same, just don't like the wind noise at higher speed. I put a couple piecs of electric tape over the tiny hole on the bottom and that helped a tad, but not much.. !

One thing i did notice in all the vids i have done recently, is the video quality is MUCH better on overcast days like this past thurs. when you did this vid. when it is bright, you get the camera trying to adjust when you come in and out of sunlight from the trees and the quality diminishes.

I agree with the quality overcast days being better. Camera Outlet sells some different types of filters that I am going to try. One of my friends has a filter/lens on his camera that has a tinted look to it. He doesnt seem to have the transition problem....

The main thing that I dont like is the system they provide to mount the camera. I always worry about it breaking or coming loose. Although he has a different type of camera, my bud has the best set up I have seen. He has a protective shell that the camera rides in that velrocs right to the side of the helmet. No extra attachments to break etc and also deminishes the little bit of camera shake from the mount. Right now, I just have the provided mount and a good helping of duct tape......

Great video. You're going through Croom faster than I usually do. The camera makes the trail look smoother than it is. I'd like to see you get a video of the trail that starts in the southwest corner and goes north along te western boundary. The one just inside the trees with the excellent berms, not the major whooped highway along the fence. Maybe have a buddy out front so you can see how he busts the turns. Thanks again. Makes me want to fire up the 2 smoke.

Funny, when we park up top, thats usually the first trail we hit as we start...... I love that trail, its smooth and you can rip it....................

Stay safe :ride:

i got a question, i havent been there in like a year and i got a new bike since last time (2004 crf450r) can u get it green stickered with just the bill of sale.

thanks

i got a question, i havent been there in like a year and i got a new bike since last time (2004 crf450r) can u get it green stickered with just the bill of sale.

thanks

They have been getting tougher on documentation for a couple reasons 1) helping prevent bike theft 2) generating revenue.

a late model bike like that should have a title, your going to need the $4.50 one time per bike off-road green sticker too so just get a title while your at it. It will help the resale of your bike too. As you already know you get the croom sticker each year, but the off road sticker is required no on each vehicle but only need 1 time for the life of the bike.

thanks

Yes, all they need is the vin #.............. The last 2 yrs they havent asked me for the title.

thanks guys hopefully i will be going in the next few weeks.

Edited by brandon29

Good video. It was wet as could be up there on Saturday. We had lots of fun getting muddy...Gordo