TTR 50 training wheels

What josmolco said.

There's a great how to teach your kid to ride a bike in Popular Mechanics:

Remember teetering precariously on a bike while your dad ran behind holding the seat? There’s a better way: Start with a bike small enough to allow the child to plant both feet on the ground. Then remove the pedals. Most kids begin using the bike like a scooter, pushing themselves along with their feet. Then they start lifting their feet to coast, which gives them the hang of balancing—which is much easier to learn without the distraction of pedaling. Next thing you know, they beg you to put the pedals back on so they can ride farther and faster.

After a few days on the pedal bike w/o training wheels, he'll have a great foundation for the motorized bike. I suggest pushing him around on that, or taking the pegs off and letting him push, to get a feel for the heavier bike.

My daughter has been off training wheels since age three. Both my kids have never had training wheels on a motorcycle.

I would teach him to ride a real bike without training wheels first. Training wheels create bad habits that have to be un learned.

99.5% of all riders have bad habits and use about 1/2 the potential of any bike. The kid is only three years old, who cares?