What shock springs will fit on an 03 YZ125?

I've got a stock 03 yz125 that I need to go up on the spring rate in the rear. The 03 yz250f is a 4.7, and the 03 yz250 is a 4.9. Either of these rates will work fine, and I assume the 03 model springs would swap out. Does anyone know the other years of oem yz250f and yz250 springs that would work on the 03 yz125? I'm asking about oem springs because I am assuming I should be able to find a take off cheap somewhere as opposed to buying a new aftermarket spring. Thanks!

I know that springs from '96 through '09 will fit, and perhaps some earlier years also.

The shocks are physically interchangeable as complete units, also, with only slight differences in eye-to-eye lengths.

I ran a 2003 shock on my 2006 last year, and now have it on a 2005.

The later springs, 2006-09, would they work, really? I dont know for sure, but I do know the shock body got larger during that time. However, a ti spring would be cool.

I have one if you need a measurement. I'll charge only 14.99 plus freight, dealer prep, tax and license to measure the spring.

Hey, if the dealers can charge this, why not I????

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Rixter
      A tiny clear rubber tube on bottom of carb.  On bottom sort of on side, by floats, the other end just hanging down.  Was it always like this? Or does the other end go somewhere?  Today after multiple trys with kick, choke on/off ,,,fuel keeps pouring out the tube.  This bike has always been hard to start.   Thanx  guys!
    • By Brock granberg
      I just did my valve adjustments and put my YZ250f back together as far as the valves, shims buckets and cam covers on but I need adhesive for the plastic valve/cam cover and I am stumped as far as what to use and where to get it or even what to call it! Need to get some soon im in need of a ride!
    • By ThatE30GUY
      Hey guys, I bought this YZ85 and came to realise the clutch wasnt working, so I drained the oil (Jet black) and pulled the plates out and cleaned them. I assumed finding a torque wrench would be easier than it has been. Does anyone know how to torque the clutch springs to spec without a wrench? Any insight helps.