YZ250F Seat Removal

Hi,

Just got my first YZ250f and am trying to get aquainted with the bike and all of the routine maintenance needs....How do I get the seat off?? I hate to admit it but I can't figure it out.

take off the bolt on the top right of the side number plate(do this on each side) and your seat should slide back then come off

I'll just add that one bolt is only on the top right corner of the number plate when looking at the left side of the bike, it's on the top left corner of the number plate when looking at the right side of the bike. Left and right sides referenced as if you were sitting on it.

Get yourself a torque wrench! I stripped the drain plug when I first started with these confounded motorbikes, what a painful lesson that was.

Ask all the questions you need, most folks will be happy to help. :ride:

Dude, not being rude, but if you cant work that out I wouldn't be venturing to much further into working on your bike. Get someone that knows bikes and get them to show you how to do basic maintenance on your bike. You will be much better off than having to fix problems that you create by making mistakes working on your bike yourself.

^^^ That did need to be said. If you don't have someone to help you, and can't afford to take the bike to the dealer to have the seat removed, use the forum. Just remember something that will get you into trouble, don't fill in the blanks on your own. Meaning, when you get to a point where you're not sure what to do, make sure you ask. It's amazing how the smallest difference technique or detail can ruin your day.

........................amen

Thank you for taking the time....to help. We all have to start somewhere right?

Just don't be an ass and tell him to do a search!!!!! Most are willing to spend the time and help you but there are a few that just can't stop telling people to do a search.