Sign in to follow this  

California The "150" update

RACERS/ENTHUSIASTS

• Good news, go to www.racetheworld.net and order your IRC Tracker for the FEB 20, 2010 – “150” race. It’s finally up!

• Remember, if you plan on racing our entire six-event series, you might want to consider buying the unit for $100.00 (the AVE price). You’ll save $50.00.

• The “150” course is absolutely great! We’ve been around it several times and had a couple of our officials go around and they say it’s a great course. It’s got a little bit of everything. We think you’ll really enjoy it.

• Get your friends to come along. Remember for first-time racers we discount $10.00 from the entry fee.

• Also remember, for $100.00 for the year, get your sponsor or local shop to buy “banner space” from us. We’ll make sure the banners are placed at the start/finish where everyone can see it for all six SuperCourse races.

NEW! NEW! NEW! We think we can download the racecourse to other GPS systems. We use SD cards (2GB) and Flash Card. So if your GPS can handle it, or you have another way to download information to your GPS let us know. We will do this on Friday, Feb 19 at The X-Sport, between 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

• Once again we’ll have open pre-running on Friday from Noon until 4 p.m. if you wish to look at the course before the race. You must be sgned up to prerun.

• Course maps will be available at Check-in/Registration at The X-Spot.

• This is a 3-hour, 3 laps race, which means in you start your third lap before the 3-hour time limit, you will be allowed to finish that lap. However, if you finish your second lap after the 3-hours are up, you will not be allowed to go back out.

• We may have our “new-looking” website over the weekend. If it’s up let us know what you think and if it is easier to navigate.

Hope to see many of you next weekend for a great opening round of our series.

Lou Peralta

www.altavistaevents.com - info@altavistaevents.com

I sooo wish I had more time to prepare for this. I haven't ridden in nearly a year (shoulder surgery and life has been in the way) and I just started getting my bike ready to go... I'm in the middle of getting it more "desert worthy" because I was previously doing moto with it. I've been longing to do desert races for a long time now.

I'll see how comfortable I feel on the bike over the next couple weeks and I'll go from there... I'm not even sure how my shoulder is going to feel (tight, loose, unstable, perfectly fine, etc), but I'm sure I'll get back up to speed.

Whats the deal with the IRC tracker? I went to their website, but I'm not sure which unit I would buy or rent or whatever.

I sooo wish I had more time to prepare for this. I haven't ridden in nearly a year (shoulder surgery and life has been in the way) and I just started getting my bike ready to go... I'm in the middle of getting it more "desert worthy" because I was previously doing moto with it. I've been longing to do desert races for a long time now.

I'll see how comfortable I feel on the bike over the next couple weeks and I'll go from there... I'm not even sure how my shoulder is going to feel (tight, loose, unstable, perfectly fine, etc), but I'm sure I'll get back up to speed.

Whats the deal with the IRC tracker? I went to their website, but I'm not sure which unit I would buy or rent or whatever.

Hope you heal quick. This is the greatest time of the year to race with us here in Cal City. No dust!

The IRC is a tracking unit that everyone must use. IRC was delayed with setting up the form for our series. It's up now at: www.racetheworld.net and go to the Alta Vista Events SuperCourse Series heading. Or here's the direct link: http://www.racetheworld.net/ircstore/pdf/dAT-REC_AVE-Form-2010.pdf

See you soon.

The "150" in Cal City is in the record books and the unofficial Overall rider of the 3, 50-mile laps was Eric Caudillo, Lancaster, CA. He completed the 150 miles in a time of 3:18.37 hrs. for an average speed of 45.3 M.P.H. His fastest lap was on the third lap when he posted a 1:05:04.

Fastest lap of the day was that of David Knight, with a 1:00:27 Hr.

More details soon. Once AVE goes through all the IRC Tracking units, the results will be declared official. Check: www.altavistaevents.com

Michael and I had a great time. Our bodies are also fairly sore from the intense 150 mile workout.

Thanks for putting on the event....:ride:

ThANKS. It was fun and we're glad you enjoyed it. I think it hurt our entry a bit because a lot of riders thought 150-miles was a bit too much. But we'll go back to 10-20-mile laps at the next few events and a two hour time limit. We'll switch it around during the year.

Pretty soon, we're going to post a "poll" to see why we have so many riders that try us out for one or two events and then they return periodically. We're going through the list right now. We need to do something about it to bring many of them back.

People in our staff seem to think that even a 2-hour race is too much for some--too long. What do you think? Should we go back to 1-hour or 90-minute events? We still need to charge the same because costs do not fluctuate.

Lucho

By the way, unofficial results are now up at www.altavistaevents.com

Also, we're going through the tracking systems for each rider and we are going to try to post them on our site so that you will not only see your three laps but that of others and know why some penalties have been issued and why some were not.

By the way, unofficial results are now up at www.altavistaevents.com

Also, we're going through the tracking systems for each rider and we are going to try to post them on our site so that you will not only see your three laps but that of others and know why some penalties have been issued and why some were not.

Cool, we tracked our own race too and was interesting to see where we got lost and back tracked to stay on the course.

It will be interesting to view everyone elses track log as well.:ride:

I personnally enjoy the longer loops and staggered start. It seems to be safer with riders spread out over the longer course(s).

At times, it seemed quite lonely and desolate out there yesterday.

Here is a time when I had some company...This is how I viewed most riders during the race. Thats me out front for a minute.:ride:

http://www.xylicon.com/box/otherstuff/race/Race.wmv

:ride:

ThANKS. It was fun and we're glad you enjoyed it. I think it hurt our entry a bit because a lot of riders thought 150-miles was a bit too much. But we'll go back to 10-20-mile laps at the next few events and a two hour time limit. We'll switch it around during the year.

Pretty soon, we're going to post a "poll" to see why we have so many riders that try us out for one or two events and then they return periodically. We're going through the list right now. We need to do something about it to bring many of them back.

People in our staff seem to think that even a 2-hour race is too much for some--too long. What do you think? Should we go back to 1-hour or 90-minute events? We still need to charge the same because costs do not fluctuate.

Lucho

Wow looks like fun!! No dust, isnt that nice....

I gotta run one of these races, I miss competition, been a while since I raced...

Wow looks like fun!! No dust, isnt that nice....

I gotta run one of these races, I miss competition, been a while since I raced...

April 17 is your next chance. Saturday, 2-hour SuperCourse, 20-mile laps!

www.altavistaevents.com

Lou,

You always put on a great event. I raced for the better part of the 2007 year, but got extremely frustrated at the other racers. While I ABSOLUTELY stuck to the track, I got sick of always seeing my name in last place while these other so called "wicked fast kids with so much talent" were always "winning." I KNOW how they won. I inadvertantly followed one of the long time winners, and quickly realized I was no where near the track!

I think you have solved the problem by going with iritrack. It is going to force the so called "fast kids" to stay on the course, and will level the playing field by making everybody be honest. To bad it had to happen, but glad that it did. I'm just curious, are the same guys winning with the iritrack that were winning before mandating it's use? Would be very interesting to look into...

PS: Keep the long courses!! I would love to do a 150 miler! Got out of the habit of checking your website though, and just missed it!

X2 :thumbsup:

Lou,

You always put on a great event. I raced for the better part of the 2007 year, but got extremely frustrated at the other racers. While I ABSOLUTELY stuck to the track, I got sick of always seeing my name in last place while these other so called "wicked fast kids with so much talent" were always "winning." I KNOW how they won. I inadvertantly followed one of the long time winners, and quickly realized I was no where near the track!

I think you have solved the problem by going with iritrack. It is going to force the so called "fast kids" to stay on the course, and will level the playing field by making everybody be honest. To bad it had to happen, but glad that it did. I'm just curious, are the same guys winning with the iritrack that were winning before mandating it's use? Would be very interesting to look into...

PS: Keep the long courses!! I would love to do a 150 miler! Got out of the habit of checking your website though, and just missed it!

I think it hurt our entry a bit because a lot of riders thought 150-miles was a bit too much.

what hurt the entry was the Adelanto GP, being at the same time.

I loved the race! I think that the longer, the better. I was just hitting my stride at the checkers.

Keep up the good work, and the longer races. Maybe a night race too!!:thumbsup:

Lou,

Thank you. Yes, I think people will realize that they are also jeopardizing our use of the desert, when they take other trails. We are trying to put on first-class events and leave as little impact as possible when we're done.

This last race was no exception. Alan and I cleaned the course on Monday, checked the trails and with the little rain we had the night before, there were a lot of sections that you would not know there had been a race through there. That's the way we like it.

We know we were taking a big chance by adding the IRC tracking unit to the cost of racing with us, but if it will save our series, keep everyone honest (and I must say that those who got penalized at our last event were not trying to cheat, but just missed the markings or had brain-fade), and help us keep the desert open for others, it's worth it. I also think it's fun to see everyone's ride and trails. Little by little we're updating the tech-no stuff. Soon people will be able to see their favorite rider while sitting in front of their computer. The possibilities are endless.

However, we wouldn't mind a couple of hundred entries at each event. How about it guys and gals???

We're also looking forward to our TRAC'N SERIES[/b]. Man that's going to be fun!

Check our website: www.altavistaevents.com for updates.

Lucho

Thanks. We tried downloading it with a remote computer but it did not open. I will try again when I get back to the office.

If it works, may we get your permission to post it on the AVE site?

Thanks.

Lou

I have a much small file size version available. Tomorrow I will get you a link to the smaller video.

It is in .wmv and should be better suited for your site.

Yes, go ahead and use it. :thumbsup:

John

Thanks. We tried downloading it with a remote computer but it did not open. I will try again when I get back to the office.

If it works, may we get your permission to post it on the AVE site?

Thanks.

Lou

Great! Yeah, I've been trying to open it and it won't. Maybe I didn't give it sufficient time.