Sign in to follow this  

Will I have to clean my carb?

Well I think I really screwed up. I left gas in my bike and it has been sitting since last July. I really don't want to pull and clean the carb as I just did it last Februrary and I didn't get to ride the bike much last year.

So, will I have to clean the carb?

Is there a way to know after running it if it needs cleaning?

I would like to at least run it first to see how it goes before cleaning. What should I look for if I am screwed?

By the way, the gas that was left in there was a 2:3 mix VP race gas and super unleaded pump gas.

just pull the drain bolt at the bottom of the carb and let old gas run out... same with the tank pull the line and empty gas! put some fresh premix in it and see if it fires... not my preferred method (cleaning it would be mine) but since you dont want to clean your carb you could try that to see if it works? why not just clean it? its a 20 min job!

7 months with fuel sitting in it? Pull it and clean it. It might be slightly gummed, seem to run ok, then burn down because the jets are restricted. If you left the fuel valve open it could be a really interesting little petri dish in your carb.

Maybe I will just clean it. I am going to be pulling the shock and when I do then it is a piece of cake to get at the carb. I was just hoping to avoid doing any extra work that didn't need to be done. I have two kids under 3 so time is a premium for me.

Do I only need to clean the float bowl and the jets in the bottom of the carb? It would be nice not to have to mess with the needle.

my 09 kx250f sat in a HEATED basement, 75 degreese, with fuel in the tank/carb, is it alright? it starts up and runs.

I like that motto shrub. Wish I could sleep less and ride more. I just need to find a place to ride with lights, or maybe I just need to be riding with lights.:ride:

You are really supposed to clean your carb on a regular basis like every 1-3 months depending on how much you ride and the conditions you ride in.

You are really supposed to clean your carb on a regular basis like every 1-3 months depending on how much you ride and the conditions you ride in.

Who made you the carburetor police? :ride:

Who made you the carburetor police? :ride:

I think you did!

I nominate Mihylo33 as senior officer of the carburetor police. I base this nomination on his extensive knowledge, stunning good looks and the fact he rides the superior RM250.:ride:

Oh ya, sorry boss, I forgot. :ride:

I wish I could give you more gas right now for being such a good sport!

my 09 kx250f sat in a HEATED basement, 75 degreese, with fuel in the tank/carb, is it alright? it starts up and runs.

it does not have oil mixed with the gas either:bonk: