Sign in to follow this  

stroker crank review wanted

hi, has anyone tried a 3mm stroker crank in their x? how did you like it?

ha d some questions about performance gains and any noticable downsides.

hi, has anyone tried a 3mm stroker crank in their x? how did you like it?

ha d some questions about performance gains and any noticable downsides.

I'm curious to know why you would want less top end and more vibration?

I'm curious to know why you would want less top end and more vibration?

have you experienced this firsthand?

have you experienced this firsthand?

Not on a 450X, but on a Bultaco 250 (270), A XR100 (128), and a CRF250X (288). Stroking (alone) always lowers the power curve in rpms, slows the revs, and ands tons more torque.

Going past what Honda intended the motor for will put undo stress on the crank bearings. An X is not like an XRR, which is substantially over-built.

I just don't understand why you would want to take a quick reving, well balanced, reasonably reliable motor and make it un-balanced, slower reving, and less reliable.

Not on a 450X, but on a Bultaco 250 (270), A XR100 (128), and a CRF250X (288). Stroking (alone) always lowers the power curve in rpms, slows the revs, and ands tons more torque.

Going past what Honda intended the motor for will put undo stress on the crank bearings. An X is not like an XRR, which is substantially over-built.

I just don't understand why you would want to take a quick reving, well balanced, reasonably reliable motor and make it un-balanced, slower reving, and less reliable.

thank's for the feedback,just wondering if the crank is balanced properly why would it have a unbalanced feel?

To answer your question not everybody needs ultra top end,more torque and more cc's can be interesting.

Since the bore would remain the same i wonder if the motor would rev slower.the reliability is questionable,can anyone provide some more firsthand info? thank's krannie for your input.

Had one in my 06 CRF250R. Never had a problem with it. I never thought vibration was an issue and running lower in the power curve was never that much of an issue since I race harescrambles and ride offroad only. I would give my experience a solid A+