KYB Piston on Showa Shock !

well the shaft size is different for a start on the yzf and the crf, but i cant see any harm in starting at the yzf stacks.

Hi.

I have a KYB 50mm Piston (Stock size but made of Aluminium!)

http://www.s-tech-racing.de/popup_image.php?pID=6&imgID=0

i will test this on my 2. Shock (CRF 450/07) .

can i take a YZF Stack as Baseline to Start ?

any Opinions?

Thanks!:ride:

Well...KYB has a 50mm piston. It's used on the 09-10 CRF450R and the late model KX450Fs.

So if the porting and such is the same as those, which looks to be the case, then we can just give you a tried and true stack from one of those bikes.

But perhaps I'm not understanding the intention. :ride:

In either case, I'd like to get my hands on some of those pistons for some testing.

Well...KYB has a 50mm piston. It's used on the 09-10 CRF450R and the late model KX450Fs.

So if the porting and such is the same as those, which looks to be the case, then we can just give you a tried and true stack from one of those bikes.

But perhaps I'm not understanding the intention. :ride:

In either case, I'd like to get my hands on some of those pistons for some testing.

Hi Dave!

This Pistons has less sticktion ! The piston-band is like a Racetech Gold valve.

also less fading with alu Shockbodys (alu-alu)

i can send a new one to you (for free) and you let me know the Results?:ride:

The stock YZF stack gives way to much Reb. I found the pistonband on those pistons to have to much clerance, oil will pass by the shock body and pistonband.

Bang