Front Brake Pads

Looks like my front brake pads are getting thin on my 08 DR650. Are the stock pads best to go back with or which aftermarket pad would be better. Thanks for any advise.

Looks like my front brake pads are getting thin on my 08 DR650. Are the stock pads best to go back with or which aftermarket pad would be better. Thanks for any advise.

Make sure that your stock pads are worn. They are pretty thin when they are new.

I really like the EBC MXS pads. You will have a couple of options for the DR.

EBC Part # MXS185 (Sintered metal) I prefer these!

EBC Part # FA185X (About $ 5.00 less than the MXS pads)

The MXS Pads take a few miles to seat into the rotor but after that they work very well on and off road.

Curtis-

EBC all the way. If you look on ProCycle's site, he list these and it describes the recommended use (three versions as I recall). I got the ones that were for general street use, can't recall the number. They are excellent. Use brake grease on your pins and a bit on the back of the pads for an excellent result. You will LIKE.

I went with the EBC as well. Sintered in the front, but i went with the ceramic in the rear. I ride only on the street now (sumo) and will be going with the ceramic in the front when these wear out.

I'm running the EBC sintered pads as well. No issues. Take the time to service the caliper as mentioned above, thoroughly clean the rotor including the holes with brake cleaner and flush through all new fluid in the system.