Suspension set up - TXT321

I'm trying to set up my virtually-new 2001 TXT321. I've gotten a race sag of 100mm, but the article I'm working from (here) says to get the stock total travel of the rear shock. Does anybody know that? Thanks.

Found it... 170mm. I'm going to need a new spring.

Found it... 170mm. I'm going to need a new spring.

The right springs make a huge difference. The bike becomes much more lively. Probably what a stock bike feels like to a 170lb rider.

Well, I'm going to need a much stiffer one to make it right. I'm currently at 100 mm of sag with the spring fully preloaded. I need to lose almost half of that to be right. I hope they make one. :ride:

I got stiffer fork springs for my Edition from Euro dirt (they may still have a few +20% sets that fit the Edition type?) and was still looking for a stiffer rear spring when I sold the bike. I had come to the conclusion that It would need a custom spring. (couldnt find a off the shelf HD spring at the time) If you remove and send it to any good spring mfg, they can make you one. It wont be cheap though. I know Adrian has a good spring shop on the west coast he uses for stiffer Fork and Shock springs. (the ones he normally sells wont fit your bike)

I got stiffer fork springs for my Edition from Euro dirt (they may still have a few +20% sets that fit the Edition type?) and was still looking for a stiffer rear spring when I sold the bike. I had come to the conclusion that It would need a custom spring. (couldnt find a off the shelf HD spring at the time) If you remove and send it to any good spring mfg, they can make you one. It wont be cheap though. I know Adrian has a good spring shop on the west coast he uses for stiffer Fork and Shock springs. (the ones he normally sells wont fit your bike)

No mas on the +20's. Bummer.

Sorry to hear that. Spring Shop?

Do the Pro's and Editions use the same spring? I took off the spring on my shock and saw that it's tapered. Lewisport said that they can get heavier springs for the Pro models, so that might be a shot. Otherwise a custom one will set me back about $175.

Do the Pro's and Editions use the same spring? I took off the spring on my shock and saw that it's tapered. Lewisport said that they can get heavier springs for the Pro models, so that might be a shot. Otherwise a custom one will set me back about $175.

Ive been told they are different - but never tried it. Next time im up at the shop, I'll measure a pro spring for comparison, but think your in for a custom made one. $175 is a good price. It will be worth it. The big question is how much stiffer do you make it? based on your weight - my guess would be 12% to 15%