pv vent hose

i have a question, my bike spitts out oil from the vent hose on the side of the pv, i looks like there is water in it because it is a gray color, would the air humidity have anything to do with it,it has been very humid here in georgia, i am not losing any coolant from the radatior, it runs fine, no power loss, does anyone have any input? thanks for the help

Inside of the power valve area there is a bit of room, enough room for condensation to form from the humid air, sounds like your right and it's just the humidity, I wouldn't worry about it.

thanks for the help.

i have a question, my bike spitts out oil from the vent hose on the side of the pv, i looks like there is water in it because it is a gray color, would the air humidity have anything to do with it,it has been very humid here in georgia, i am not losing any coolant from the radatior, it runs fine, no power loss, does anyone have any input? thanks for the help

Today I started up my YZ250 for the first time in about 6 weeks and I noticed the exact same thing with my bike. I had it sitting on concrete when I fired it up and let it run for quite a while, so the drippage was easy to detect. I have experienced some smoke and dark-colored oil drippage from the PV hose before, but today was the first time that I have ever noticed a thin, gray or silver-colored substance mixed in with the oil drippage. I'm hoping that it is just some sort of condensation buildup from where it has been sitting for so long in a utility building that isn't climate controlled. It's been a colder than normal winter for us this year, with a whole lot more rain and frozen precipitation than we usually experience as well. Fingers and toes crossed that it's nothing to concern myself with. :ride:

im pretty sure its just the humidity but im in the same boat as you, i know how ya feel. i guess time will tell.

I had the same thing happen to me today. I always notice smoke and black spooge come out of this hose but just today I ran my bike for a few minutes just to keep it fresh, parked it on asphalt, and noticed the milky gray leakage. I wouldn't worry about it. As long as you're coolant level is staying the same you should be OK.

You are correct, condensation mixing with the left over oil will create a milky substance.