Sign in to follow this  

2007 rmz250?

Hey all,

Thinking about trading my 2006 KXF450 for a 2007 RMZ250. Just going to knock the power off a bit, for my trail riding. Is the 2007 rmz250 a good bike? Or was it a bust year? Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

I have an '07. I think its a good bike, but I bought mine new and have taken care of it since. depends on the condition of the one you're looking at. I use it mostly for trail riding, good bike for that in my opinion.

The rmz makes a good woods bike. It has good low end for a 250 and is one of the best handling 250s too.

I guess one owner treated it poorly and toasted the motor. Was rebuilt or a brand new motor. I'll get more details, not liking the sound of that.

Get all the details you can, I've got an 07, second owner, has close to 130 hours on it, original crank, newer JE piston, and hot cams, the bottom end power in these bikes are great, never tried mine in the woods but iam sure it'd do fine, suspension nice once its properly tuned in, and it handles pretty good in deeper ruts, I know this cause thats all I've been riding the past two weeks.

Id go for it if its in good shape i got an 07 i bought off a friends dad and its all original and's got prob only 120 hours on it and its holding up grate its a really good bike! if you do regular meitanance

What would you guys pay for an 06 in good shape, new top end?

...dont get the 06, try for an 07 or newer. The 07 and up are the updated frame and better everything. Its worth the extra cash!

i personally dont like the rmz suspension for trails. i would go with a yz250f

i personally dont like the rmz suspension for trails. i would go with a yz250f

You'r too light. Put some lead in your pockets and it'll be way better....

The RMZ is set-up for 170 to 180 lbs.... Besides that YZF will never turn as good as any RMZ

You'r too light. Put some lead in your pockets and it'll be way better....

The RMZ is set-up for 170 to 180 lbs.... Besides that YZF will never turn as good as any RMZ

+ 1 on the turning...

Also the yzf cant even compare to the rmz...I know, I had one.

Rode one this weekend with the suspension valved for the woods and a Recluse clutch, best woods bike I've ever been on hands down!!!!