Sign in to follow this  

Another LED Blinker Issue

This one is strange. Installed 4 led blinkers. also put in a three wire resistor to correct flash rate. Flash rate is good but when I turn on right blinkers all the signals flash. When I turn on the left ones just the left ones blink. I've checked the contactors in the turn signal switch and the wiring is setup good I think. Please help I'm confused.:ride:

This one is strange. Installed 4 led blinkers. also put in a three wire resistor to correct flash rate. Flash rate is good but when I turn on right blinkers all the signals flash. When I turn on the left ones just the left ones blink. I've checked the contactors in the turn signal switch and the wiring is setup good I think. Please help I'm confused.:ride:

Remove the blinker indicator panel bulb and see what happens. Not sure how your resistor is set-up but you are still getting current flow through the indicator bulb which is more than enough to light up the leds.

There is one thing I forgot to say when the right blinkers are on the blinker indicator does not flash. But it does when the left blinkers are on. I think I'm getting voltage feed back through the ground wire but I'm not sure. The resistor that I have is a three wire one wire to ground then the other two are for positive left and right side.

I order and installed a led flasher unit for my dr650. The problem is that there is voltage going through the indicator bulb to light up the other blinkers and the indicator bulb does not light up. Do I need to install a led for my indicator panel? Or is there another problem.

I order and installed a led flasher unit for my dr650. The problem is that there is voltage going through the indicator bulb to light up the other blinkers and the indicator bulb does not light up. Do I need to install a led for my indicator panel? Or is there another problem.

Kuryakyn sells a diode kit that addresses this exact problem.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/16/scID/114/IMID/719

they are only about $8