IT'S LIVE! Full Review 2019 Honda CRF450L!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Honda 03 250ex stuck in gear and won't spin wheels

I just bought a 03 250ex. A hour after I got home I took it in my yard into the snow. I got stuck and it spun for a second, and I was in second gear. Then the wheels stopped spinning, and I wason the throttle, so I put it in neutrel and upshifted to first gave it some gas and nothing. It revs but no wheel spin. Then it stalled in first and now it won't downshift to neutrel.

Anyone know what the problem is? And how hard it would be too fix.

Make sure you have free play in clutch cable it possable that it hang up keep it engage.

Jack it up can you put in gear by moving the rear wheel.

Pull the clutch off spin the rear wheel if center is moving then check clutch disc for Manual Clutch setup.

If your is a semi-automatic then it maybe in Centrifugal Clutch Shoes or it engage.

do you guys think its in the gear box? i could get a whole bottom end to a engine for 250. how hard would it be to swap it?

hey guys i just took off the clutch cover and nothing was wrong. so do you think the next step is pull the motor and check the gear box? if i pull the engine what should i look for in the gear box

thanks

how would i get it out of gear then? pull of the clutch plates then try to shift it?

Thanks for the help.

i did that already i think ill take your advice and get new plates

the rear wheels are completely locked up since its stuck in gear the shouldnt move right? since they dont move could it be a locked differential