Sign in to follow this  

Broken chain / why to listen to wife

So, went on a 100 mile ride today. After I got home I was playing with the carb out in the street. As I came up the street with a nice 2nd gear wheelie

I pull in the garage & my wife say, you need to look at your chain it's noisy. YA right. So I do & I find one of the links are split clean in half on one side.

Good wife!!

Chainlink.jpg

how many miles on the chain ?

well lubed and freeplay correct ?

well lubed, about 2000 miles, Don,t remember what type it was!

So, went on a 100 mile ride today. After I got home I was playing with the carb out in the street. As I came up the street with a nice 2nd gear wheelie

I pull in the garage & my wife say, you need to look at your chain it's noisy. YA right. So I do & I find one of the links are split clean in half on one side.

Good wife!!

Chainlink.jpg

You need to spring for an additional dozen roses for Vday since she just saved you several hundred dollars that you'd have spent replacing the case if that thing had snapped the rest of the way... :ride:

You need to spring for an additional dozen roses for Vday since she just saved you several hundred dollars that you'd have spent replacing the case if that thing had snapped the rest of the way... :ride:

+1 on that. I learned a long time ago to listen to except when it comes to money.

Damn, I have a moose chain for off-road. I usually check the outside briefly before every ride while looking for the master link clip. I should start giving the inside a look too.

Maybe you should get her to wrench with you too, hah!

damn!

I just noticed my chain was REALLY loose today and was wondering what had caused that. We were getting a little air this weekend so maybe it stretched a bit???

Anyhow... that's brutal I'll be taking a closer look at mine from now on!

damn!

I just noticed my chain was REALLY loose today and was wondering what had caused that. We were getting a little air this weekend so maybe it stretched a bit???

Anyhow... that's brutal I'll be taking a closer look at mine from now on!

Chains do stretch, poping the cluch, wheeling & riding hard. Yep, I will be checking mine all the time now.

Staxrider, She can also hear what you're thinking.

She knows what I am thinking after 17 years.