Intermittent Knee Pains

So I'm trying to figure out what's going on.

It all started one day at the track when going from a seated to standing position on the bike and my right knee had a sharp pain when bending it before getting ready for a jump. I thought something blew and almost couldn't bend my knee back (had to hold it straight out) as the pain was sharp and intense. I was ready to pull back in the pits, but the pain quickly subsided and I was able to get in some additional laps, but it was as if mhy knee wanted to lock about half-way into bending my knee. The point from seated to just starting to stand is where I felt the most discomfort, but it's sort of intermittent now. It's almost as if there's something between the knee socket that's giving this locking like sensation.

Separate than being on the bike, occassionaly and without warning, I also experience almost a semi-locking sensation when going to a standing position either when seated or on the floor and you need to knees to get you up.

I've read there could be potential fragments of something in my knee that could cause it to lock.

Any ideas and how concerned should I be?

I've also had knew x-rays in the last 2 years for other potential knee related concerns, but all were negative for anything.

Good idea Doc.

So for sake of discussion; if there were pieces of meniscus floating around or a tear, and if the floating pieces were never taken out or the tear wasn't trimmed, do they dissolve or go away over time or will they continue to stay "floating" in the knee?

Thanks

Shoot, I figured as much. I've been doing some reading on it this topic.

I'd like to avoid even cleanup arthroscopic work, but what's your opinion and potential downtime for this procedure?...Again, only hypothetically speaking of course.

I had arthroscopic surgery on my miniscus a few years back(5) right leg,Thats the kick start leg and raced 3 days later. Also depends on health and your previous strength. I have always had strong legs. Get the clean up I walked out right after surgery.I did not have insurance at the time but Doc took care of me and cost 2,500.00.

I had arthroscopic surgery on my miniscus a few years back(5) right leg,Thats the kick start leg and raced 3 days later. Also depends on health and your previous strength. I have always had strong legs. Get the clean up I walked out right after surgery.I did not have insurance at the time but Doc took care of me and cost 2,500.00.

Thanks for taking the time to write. I appreciate the input. That sounds encouraging.

I have days that I hardly notice anything, but other times and positions I can feel it...I want to avoid any type of surgery at all costs, but it's good to hear that you've had good success with it.

Like you, my legs are pretty strong already.

tomplatz007uo0.jpg