Importing used bike from US, any help. Thanks

You have to have the registration and bill of sale sent to the border at wich you are crossing 72hr prior to being there. THey want to do a title search and make sure its not stolen etc. Then you will have to pay the duty and taxes etc etc. Do a search on RUM motorvehicles and Canadian border regulations. Hope this helps some?

• 2 weeks later...
You have to have the registration and bill of sale sent to the border at wich you are crossing 72hr prior to being there. THey want to do a title search and make sure its not stolen etc. Then you will have to pay the duty and taxes etc etc. Do a search on RUM motorvehicles and Canadian border regulations. Hope this helps some?

This is true for street licensed vehicles, off road only you will need the bill of sale, drivers license, mso or title. You will not have to wait but you will still pay one of your taxes, I can't remember if it is PST or GST.

I brought across a 07 KX250F with just a bill of sale, no title or anything, was a bit of a hassle and I doubt it would slide again. Make sure they know it is an "Off road only" bike... theres a sticker on the downtube of the frame, I had problems with them trying to charge me both taxes until I showed them that. I have brought across. 07KX250F, 07YZ250F, 07RM250, 07YZ125.. never had any problems... just pay the right amount of taxes, don't use a phony bill of sale that says you only payed X amount (cheaper price so you don't pay as much tax) My advice, hopefully everything works out!