I'm gonna blow this thing up!

My stock 08 250f has very little over-rev and signs off way to quick, unfortunately i have the Barcia syndrome and ride on the top end, it sounds like crap up there and i'm bouncing off the limiter too much:bonk:

- So whats the best pipe for top end? (I'm thinking PC)

- And im also wondering if changing the gearing would solve my "issues" since it has a lot of low end bark i could care less about haha.

the fmf powerbomb header and 4.1 exhaust will give you much over rev... and maby drop 1 down in the rear

the fmf powerbomb header and 4.1 exhaust will give you much over rev... and maby drop 1 down in the rear

Not from my experience. The FMF powerbomb and factory 4.1 combo added to the bottom and mid, but didn't seem to change the top much at all for me. The pro circuit Ti-4 I had added to the top pretty well. Personally I like the FMF set up better, but I wouldn't go with it if you are looking to add to the top end.

Try giving it less throttle. That seems to work for me.

Try giving it less throttle. That seems to work for me.

your silly

Not from my experience. The FMF powerbomb and factory 4.1 combo added to the bottom and mid, but didn't seem to change the top much at all for me. The pro circuit Ti-4 I had added to the top pretty well. Personally I like the FMF set up better, but I wouldn't go with it if you are looking to add to the top end.

yeah exactly what i was thinking(friend has 06 yz250f with 4.1 powerbomb combo)

My stock 08 250f has very little over-rev and signs off way to quick, unfortunately i have the Barcia syndrome and ride on the top end, it sounds like crap up there and i'm bouncing off the limiter too much:bonk:

- So whats the best pipe for top end? (I'm thinking PC)

- And im also wondering if changing the gearing would solve my "issues" since it has a lot of low end bark i could care less about haha.

Not a characteristic of the bike. Maybe something else is going on, like jetting.

Not a characteristic of the bike. Maybe something else is going on, like jetting.

idk thats what it personally feels like to me, and from what ive read and experienced yz250fs have alot of low end but not much top. as for the jetting i got that under control ive had the bike awhile (almost 2 years) and have spent plenty of time with pops setting it up right.

Change gears 1/2 second earlier and become world champion?

Change gears 1/2 second earlier and become world champion?

thank you your extremely helpful, what would i ever do without you. But on a serious note i have been trying to work on that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz5FAYHT1LI

that was probably when i was at my worst.

idk thats what it personally feels like to me, and from what ive read and experienced yz250fs have alot of low end but not much top. as for the jetting i got that under control ive had the bike awhile (almost 2 years) and have spent plenty of time with pops setting it up right.

Stage 2 hot cams!

most people who run into that prob with a 250f go and buy a 450..i dunno just a thought.

most people who run into that prob with a 250f go and buy a 450..i dunno just a thought.

ha thats a funny post "just go and buy" look at my age, im lucky to have this bike - i gotta work with what i got. i mean unless you wanna loan me 5k...:ride:

thank you your extremely helpful, what would i ever do without you. But on a serious note i have been trying to work on that.

Am I reading this right? First you flame me with sarcasm, then you say you are working on it.:D

Anyway, I guess re reading my post I had it coming.:D

I am seriously jealous, and wish I was a 16yo who just had to shift a tad earlier, rather than an old man, short shifting at the back of the pack. (all I have to do is learn to ride faster, everywhere):D

After running last at the Vets last year, I kicked back and watched the Under 19s (a National class here in Australia). Lots of those guys were on the limiter a fair bit and riding at a level that is jaw dropping. Luke Styke got the holeshot and pulled a heel clicker over the first huge double, with a field of desperados bearing down on him. The crowd went mental. I was speechless – a very rare occurrence. :ride::ride::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz5FAYHT1LI

that was probably when i was at my worst.

I'd let it warm up completely first. You're not doing the engine any favors revving it like that after only having the choke on a few seconds.

The popping and crackling tells me either your carb is dirty, its jetted way too lean, or you have an air leak somewhere. Fix that.

If you're a lightweight try going up a tooth on the countershaft sprocket. You'll beat the clutch up a litte exiting slow corners but it'll give you the speed you're looking for with more relaxed revs. Other than that I think you'd be better served by a 250 smoker.

Yeah, your bike sounds like it's popping and crackling all over the place, like it's running out of gas.

I was just gonna' say to shift, but now I'm wondering if the bike is running correctly.

And shift. :ride:

The jetting sounded okay to me. I did notice it had some popping on decel a couple of times but maybe the temps were a bit cooler? Personally I think you need to ride a gear higher. You are losing horsepower in the upper revs near the rev limiter. My son just moved up to pro this last fall. He has a competitor that puts a lot of money into his engine to get more hp. My son rides a bone stock bike and smokes the kid in the corners and the kid couldnt figure out why. My son was going throught the corners in 3rd gear while this kid was tapped out in second. It may not seem doable at first but practice riding one gear higher and cornering smoother instead of just throwing the bike into the corner pinned in a lower gear. You will eventually be cornering faster than you were before but in a higher gear and in the meat of the powerband. Just my .02 Good luck. Looks like you've got some nice riding area's close to home. :ride:

you probably are goin to blow it up unless you learn to shift...you need to drop 2-3 teeth off the back until you figure it out...nothing wrong with the bike...they all do that when you dont change gears enough:banghead:

it worked for me... a friend of mine runs the megabomb header witch gave his bike alot low to mid.. thats why i tried the powerbomb.. imo it really helped the topend.. im not saying it better then the p/c pipe.. just my 2cents..

ha thats a funny post "just go and buy" look at my age, im lucky to have this bike - i gotta work with what i got. i mean unless you wanna loan me 5k...:ride:

i dont know how old you are but when i was 18 i went out and financed a brand new 250f..payed it off in a year.

The jetting sounded okay to me. I did notice it had some popping on decel a couple of times but maybe the temps were a bit cooler? Personally I think you need to ride a gear higher. You are losing horsepower in the upper revs near the rev limiter. My son just moved up to pro this last fall. He has a competitor that puts a lot of money into his engine to get more hp. My son rides a bone stock bike and smokes the kid in the corners and the kid couldnt figure out why. My son was going throught the corners in 3rd gear while this kid was tapped out in second. It may not seem doable at first but practice riding one gear higher and cornering smoother instead of just throwing the bike into the corner pinned in a lower gear. You will eventually be cornering faster than you were before but in a higher gear and in the meat of the powerband. Just my .02 Good luck. Looks like you've got some nice riding area's close to home. :ride:

the temp. was about 47 degrees Fahrenheit, so that might be why. And i know, im not gonna argue with you guys its a bad habit riding like that i agree. i used to ride in the meat more but i guess i have gotten carried away lately and am trying to work my way back.