what carb setup would u recommend?

i have an 09 yz250 with sst pipe, and fmf titanium 2 silencer. no other major mods, one tooth bigger in rear. haven't messed with the carb yet. what would u recommend for this setup? im in the pacific northwest from about 2200 to 5000 ft and range from 40 to 90 degrees. never jetted a carb and just need some advice on it. thanks

JD jetting kit, best bang for your buck! Red needle, 45 pilot, 172 main. 1-1/8 to 2 turns out on the air screw. Best 70$ you will spend on your bike.

I personally think that you can get better performance by buying the right jet, the JD kit is good and leans out the bike, but I don't think that the jets that they provide can cover the wide range of elevation on this continent properly.

If you take the time to jet the bike one jet at a time, one size at a time, you could probably get better performance.

Just my theory anyways, as I have not tried the JD kit only read about it.

I'm still convinced that the jetting chart is a wicked starting point and if you follow it for your temp/elevation your going to get awesome performance. But it won't give you instructions for perfect tuning/performance.

I'm still convinced that the jetting chart is a wicked starting point and if you follow it for your temp/elevation your going to get awesome performance. But it won't give you instructions for perfect tuning/performance.

that's what the trial and error is for IMO but using the chart as a baseline.

so i bought the jd jetting kit, v force 3 reeds, and the powercore 2 silencer to match my sst pipe. the jd jetting kit doesnt come with pilots....guess ill have to order a couple and start playing around. anyone have a link to the a thread about what my spark plug should look like?

thread for sparkplug reading?

Search for plug AND chop AND test. Use the caps; they're Boolean search terms which yield results. :ride: