Sign in to follow this  

Rear Fender

Do Husky make a rear fender that doesnt have the number plate holder and and brake light in it?

Been practicing my first wheelstands and no doubt ill end up braking it, plus ill be racing the bike.

2007 TE 450 btw.

you can just take the metal frame out of the tail on the TE - I compared my TXC to the TE and they were exactly the same minus the metal bracket.

No its an aus model bike, and i need to get rid of that silly peice that holds the number plate and brake light, because no doubt they'll get broken and i want them later for when i dual sport.

No its an aus model bike, and i need to get rid of that silly peice that holds the number plate and brake light, because no doubt they'll get broken and i want them later for when i dual sport.

Like I said, just remove the metal bracket that's under the plastic tail. It's attached to the subframe and comes off with two or four bolts.

I had a look and the number plate holder and rear fender are one peice.

Yeah the fender and plate holder is a solid piece. Just order the TC fender from motoplastics and it bolts right up. Their is already a quick disconnect plug for the turn signals and rear light near the battery compartment behind the side number plate. It takes 10 minutes to change out!:ride:

Yeah the fender and plate holder is a solid piece. Just order the TC fender from motoplastics and it bolts right up. Their is already a quick disconnect plug for the turn signals and rear light near the battery compartment behind the side number plate. It takes 10 minutes to change out!:ride:

Must have changed in the 08 and on. My 08 te250 had separate sections.

Must have changed in the 08 and on. My 08 te250 had separate sections.

The turn signals are mounted to the subrame with metal brackets but the fender and plate holder are one piece. Atleast on the 06 and 07s.

Idk if this helps but this is what I did.

got a deal on a new TE fender and I wanted a TC fender. It was molded to include the license plate bracket as one piece. Since my machine has a different way of mounting the license plate I did not need this large vestigial structure. I took a pencil type soldering iron and simply cut/melted the bracket off.

You could always do what I did if you do not want to purchase an additional fender :thumbsup:

~Tator

Yeah but im gonna need the bracket in a years time :thumbsup: I could just cut it off then rivet it back on i suppose haha.