Sign in to follow this  

RMATVMC.COM ridiculous shipping amounts?

I think I know why they can afford to ship to the USA for free for orders over 100$.. its because they charge everyone else UP THE ASS for shipping.

this is my order... fairly small and light items, easily put into a small box or bubble envelope:

Tusk Brake Pad - Carbon - 2002 Honda CR250R (Front)

Tusk Brake Pad - Carbon - 2002 Honda CR250R (Rear)

Tusk Stainless Steel Typhoon Brake Rotor, Front - 2002 Honda

Tusk Stainless Steel Typhoon Brake Rotor, Rear - 2002 Honda

Primary Drive Front Sprocket 13 Tooth - 2004 KTM 250 EXC

Primary Drive Rear Steel Sprocket 49 Tooth - 2004 KTM 250

sprockets, brake pads, and brake rotors. the total price is 175$ USD. and they want 60$ USD to ship all that stuff FEDEX to canada!! I mean I am 45 minutes north of the Alberta/Montana border, what a piss off that is. they have other shipping options (I want UPS ground.. cheapest) but it wont let me select it.

what a joke.. I almost want to get it shipped to the USA for free, then get someone to ship it to me for actual shipping (prob around 20-30$ max) and give them a little extra and STILL come out saving money.

with that said, RMATV just lost a sale due to ridiculous shipping.

Canadian impostering as an Arizona resident huh? :ride:

That is pretty strange though. Maybe customs hassles them a lot or something :ride: . Try using the TT store, I'm sure they won't be gouging you for shipping costs.

They have the best shipping around for inside the US though. . .

Yeah I would agree with you on that.

Aughhhhhhhhh your location shows Arizona. :ride:
Canadian impostering as an Arizona resident huh? :lol:

That is pretty strange though. Maybe customs hassles them a lot or something :ride: . Try using the TT store, I'm sure they won't be gouging you for shipping costs.

lol I was too lazy to find my location, didnt think anyone really cared anyways so I just randomly picked one from the top of the list lol.

the TT store is just so much harder (not harder...but def not as smooth) to use as RMATVMC, and I highly doubt their prices + shipping prices are better. I ordered the cheapest I could find from RMATVMC and it ended up pretty cheap for 2 sprockets, 2 rotors, and front + rear pads. but shipping is the deal breaker.

I paid $48 to send a OEM silencer to Australia. Buyer paid all including $30 for the silencer. Shipping a 5 lb product international costs money. Shippers are doing the raping. They prolly can't do UPS ground due to customs or some shit.

TT store will price match any competitor if they are more expensive so they're the same price actually. I would suggest just calling the number and ordering over the phone as the interface can get a little tricky. They have amazing customer service.

I agree that its the customs...different forms for ground shipments...real pain and sure thats why its more...I had 2 tires shipped to KY for 10 bucks...

Like someone said....UPS ground custom will cost a arm and a leg. I made that mistake of shipping to canada before and had to pay all the custom charges.

Plus you cant beat 7 dollar shipping in the U.S., so cant hate on Rocky Mountain

I don't think your beef is with RM but rather the "REQUIRED" shipping fees it take to get your items to you in Canada.

I was going to purchase an item from a manufacture in Canada and the person told me to get it locally. I would pay more buying it locally but I'd save from the shipping/custom fees.

While TT will match prices, they can't match the prices on one single thing Santan9 ordered, as they were all RM house brands Tusk and Primary Drive. All of their house brand parts are priced lower than all other brands, and add in free shipping on $100 orders within the US, they are a great buy. Also, unlike almost evey other major mail order business, RM is a MAJOR supporter of BRC and USAALL. RM Owner Dan Thomas is a Stand Up guy!!!

I don't know why shipping rates to Canada are high, but I expect they have their reasons, and it is surely not to pay for free shipping to US customers. Many companies won't even ship to Canada. Maybe because it is difficult to collect on disputed charges?

Someplaces estimate the cost of shipping based on an estimated weight of the items you purchase. The shipping costs could come out quite a bit less. I have read this from some posts that Bryan (owner of TT) has said.

I would suggest calling TT and placing the order on the phone and discussing the shipping with them.:ride:

TT store will price match any competitor.

Personally I can't stand price matching!!!

One time went to buy my daughter a XR-70. I have one Honda shop 15 min's from me. Wont buy a thing from'um...tried to screw me on warranty work on a brand new bike.

I went to a Honda shop that's 48 miles away knowing they give great service and prices, mind you there's a Megs Motorcycle Mall on my way that's half the distance.

After driving 48 miles I walked in and up front, no BS, no haggling, they gave me a good price. Reached for my wallet and NO WALLET.

On the drive home to get my wallet I stopped at the Mega store out of curiosity. The salesman gave me a price and I said sorry blah blah has you beat by $300.00. Instantly he said "I'll match his price!" I smiled said no thanks and then he said "I'll beat it by $50.00!"

I drove home, got my wallet and drove the 48 miles back to the shop passing the Mega store and bought the bike from someone that didn't try to bull shizt me.

Give me your best price up front even if it's a few more $'s but, don't BS me or screw someone else for a buck.

If you dont like it, order your shiznit from Canada!

Rocky Mountain has always treated me exceptionally well. They just plain rawk!

so let me tell you my story. I ordered 100 bucks worth of stuff - I had to include a pair of googles to get it to 100 bucks (because my 10% coupon put me back under 100) . I had ordered the valve shim kit and some other stuff.

When it came time for shipping - since I needed it right away, i selected 2nd day delivery. you know what it cost me for 2nd day delivery? a gigantic whopping 60 cents. that would still be less than a buck canadian right?

anyway - sure enough less than 36 hours later - it was at my doorstep - ands I live out in the sticks - 800 miles from Rocky Mountain, 40 miles from the nearest town!

You want cheap fast shipping - move to the US - or better yet - show some national pride and order from Canadian companies! Take some of that money you save on health care and put it towards shipping!

Carl Johansson

Try Gnarly Parts, they have Canadian and US sites but based in Canada. I've ordered stuff shipped into the states from them. Nice guys too.

I never had a single issue over the years with RM. Several times I ordered way after the shipping cut-off time, and it still shipped out that day!

Try Gnarly Parts, they have Canadian and US sites but based in Canada. I've ordered stuff shipped into the states from them. Nice guys too.

This is what I was going to suggest. http://www.gnarlyparts.ca

I have ordered from them before and they have free shipping in Canada after a certain amount. Plus they carry the Tusk brand so after exchange/shipping you will probably be further ahead this way.

I'm just North of the invisible $ raping line too... I just ship everything to Montana shipping outlet ($3 bucks per pkg) and drive over and pick up my treasures every so often... plus I'm American so it just feels good...

Edited by motodaddycn
because

sprockets, brake pads, and brake rotors. the total price is 175$ USD. and they want 60$ USD to ship all that stuff FEDEX to canada!! I mean I am 45 minutes north of the Alberta/Montana border, what a piss off that is. they have other shipping options (I want UPS ground.. cheapest) but it wont let me select it

You know that UPS will charge you $200 in custom fees, right?

Next time you buy from the US, make sure the company you're dealing with can ship your package through the mail. It's cheaper and usually faster than courriers.