Sign in to follow this  

Service manual

I'm looking at picking up an 04 200 exc maybe tomorrow or Monday.

Theres a book that comes with it thats pretty thick but seems like a lot of languages. Where can I get a service manual for it that has tolerances etc.. Does the one that comes with the bike orginally have that info? Can I download one?

I weight 155 with gym clothes.. What rear spring do I want and where can I get it?

Whats the starting procedure for this thing, choke it, and just start kicking? Tilt it, gas it? Never had a 2 stroke.. thx for the help.

The book has some general info, I have no clue where to get a service manual.

You might be the correct weight for the spring, have to check sag-n-stuff.

You can get springs at many places depending on which one you want.

As far as starting it, I tilt, choke and kick it two or three times if cold, if warm just kick it.

They only come with the owners manual, you have to buy the service manual from a KTM dealer or from repairmanual.com. It is copyrighted, so there aren't any free downloads available.

As for starting the bike, if it is cold, tilt the bike first, but usually not needed during warmer months. Use the choke and NO THROTTLE AT ALL. After the bike is warmed up, no choke and usually a little throttle, but you will need to learn what your bike likes, depending on exact jetting and local conditions.

Have fun, you will probably love your 200, most owners do. Very light, amazing low end grunt and plenty of beans on top.

i checked that website, they don't have the 200 on there. Anyone else have any ideas? I'm prob 45-50 minutes away from a KTM dealer i've never been to.

Do I not need one? The info for rebuilding and torque settings etc in the owners manual? If I have to fix something it saves me $$ in the long run when i dont screw something up.

i checked that website, they don't have the 200 on there. Anyone else have any ideas? I'm prob 45-50 minutes away from a KTM dealer i've never been to.

Do I not need one? The info for rebuilding and torque settings etc in the owners manual? If I have to fix something it saves me $$ in the long run when i dont screw something up.

Try this link: http://www.ktm.com/200-EXC.34.0.html?&detailview=4&cHash=dcbf8829e1

The 2004 200 exc owners manual is listed here for download.

The owners manual will give you torque setting for common bolts but not every bolt. You will need the Service Manual for detailed engine teardown and rebuild.

You can download the Service Manual for your bike. Do a specific Internet search and you'll find it available for download at no charge.

-Jay