Value of a 95 XR600

I am going to sell my 95 XR600. The dealers in my are are not reliabe as far as it's value. Too many different answers. It is a dual sport, but the lights aren't hooked up. I bought it from a guy who moved out of the state in 05. I have put about 10 miles on it. It has sat the rest of the time. It has Xcel rims, Ceet seat, Pro Taper bars, White Bros pipe, Baja kit (according to him), big tank, 40 mm carb and front forks were re-valved just before I bought it. I bought it just to follow my son around, but it is too big for me. He said it will do 1 mph, or 100mph. I pulled the carb and cleaned it out, and it is hard starting now. I am still working on that. When it ran, it ran awesome. The local dealer said it is worth about $3200 + $500 for having a street plate. Any input is appreciated.

your best bet for the old xr is 5 gallons of gas and a match lol

There are several on CL right now in CA for between 2-2500. I think it is a fair price, but plated is a bonus.

They are nice bikes but it is 15 years old and that price is almost the same as when new.

You will be lucky to get $2000 for it and that is if the plate is current without a plate its worth $1000-1500 max. There are a bunch of 94+ XR600's selling for $1000-2000 right now in CA. This economy is killing bike prices

$2k if you're very lucky. There is a guy near me in the Tahoe area who has been trying to sell a '97 which is mint for $2200, and it's been for sale for more than 6 months.

Damn you guys are so lucky over there with normal bike prices, over in in OZ they are terrible, everything is hyper inflated in the land down under :ride:

I've been seeing XR/XL600's for the last couple of months from $1200 up to $2k with plates on them. MAYBE $2500... but their adds seem to remain a long time while the others don't last as long.

Right now it's a buyers market for XR600's with plates. I recently found an XR650R that's plated for $2500. I've seen those from $2500-$3500 with aftermarket tanks, exhaust, digital speedo computers, etc.

Sorry to be another bearer of bad news...

ETA:

http://reno.craigslist.org/mcy/1560919226.html

If anyone's interested, figured I'd better post this one before it got lost.

Thanks for the input. This economy does really suck.

Thanks for the input. This economy does really suck.

Yeah, it really does. I've got a truck for sale, a 2005 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 with 78k which I purchased new. It books at $16k, but I've listed it far below that. I've had offers as low as $9k. My point is that this is a terrible time to sell anything.

They are nice bikes but it is 15 years old and that price is almost the same as when new.

Perhaps the dollar figure is the same, but the dollar value is quite different.

What cost $3500 in 1995 would cost $5021.55 in 2009, if adjusted for inflation.

$3500 today, adjusted at .69 for inflation, is $2415 in 1995 dollars. Those bikes were about $4k out the door back then, so $3500 today is about 60% of original value.

I'm thinking that if the bike is in excellent shape, that 40% or less is more realistic. RFVC airheads still have a following.

I found mine for $400. It looked like hell and had been sitting for a couple of years. I rebuilt the top end, replaced the stator, and powder coated the frame and such. It looks good now and I have around $1100 in it. Oh yeah, the best thing is it had already been licensed when I bought it! I also have a USD fork setup waiting to go on it as soon as I get motivated to do it. The deals are out there you just have to watch for them!

1500-1700, you wont get better than that

Yeah, it really does. I've got a truck for sale, a 2005 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 with 78k which I purchased new. It books at $16k, but I've listed it far below that. I've had offers as low as $9k. My point is that this is a terrible time to sell anything.

Tell me about it. I've got a 93 FXRP that I've been wanting to sell. The way things are going right now a bike that was always a fast easy $10k if I ever needed it, well I see FXR's going for around $7k and sitting on Craigslist. I really need to get this FXRP sold, but damn is my sphincter likely to bleed with the way things are going.

Tell me about it. I've got a 93 FXRP that I've been wanting to sell. The way things are going right now a bike that was always a fast easy $10k if I ever needed it, well I see FXR's going for around $7k and sitting on Craigslist. I really need to get this FXRP sold, but damn is my sphincter likely to bleed with the way things are going.

I assume you're talking about a Harley. Yeah, BAD time to sell Harley's. From what I understand, values have plummeted. Close to 10 years ago, a friend sold his FatBoy with 600 miles on it for more than he paid new. Those days are long gone. There are too many Harley's and not enough riders. As the boomers retire, this problem will only get worse as the younger generation has not embraced the brand.

I assume you're talking about a Harley. Yeah, BAD time to sell Harley's. From what I understand, values have plummeted. Close to 10 years ago, a friend sold his FatBoy with 600 miles on it for more than he paid new. Those days are long gone. There are too many Harley's and not enough riders. As the boomers retire, this problem will only get worse as the younger generation has not embraced the brand.

Yup, talking about a Harley. I think you've unfortunately got the future of Harley Davidson and the Harley market pegged.