Sign in to follow this  

zip ty racing pipe pics?

Anyone own one of these, aparently they offer better low, mid and high performance, something that the other two brands (fmf/pro-circuit) do not offer. With the other guys you either get better low-mid and worse high, or crappy low-mid with better high performance.

I had seen just one pic of the pipe and it looked like it had a longer thin bend than the stock, and a larger resonator than the stock, looked kind of neat. The small bend wrapped more around the left side..

Dunno if it was just the angle of the pic, so if anyone has a picture or any input on the pipe that would be great.

I wanted a new pipe for a while, and was determined to buy another stocker as the other brands were sacrificing something to improve something else, I want better overall performance without any sacrificing. If it means a pipe that weighs a bit more, or is larger/longer so be it.

THanks for the help

Anyone own one of these, aparently they offer better low, mid and high performance, something that the other two brands (fmf/pro-circuit) do not offer. With the other guys you either get better low-mid and worse high, or crappy low-mid with better high performance.

I had seen just one pic of the pipe and it looked like it had a longer thin bend than the stock, and a larger resonator than the stock, looked kind of neat. The small bend wrapped more around the left side..

Dunno if it was just the angle of the pic, so if anyone has a picture or any input on the pipe that would be great.

I wanted a new pipe for a while, and was determined to buy another stocker as the other brands were sacrificing something to improve something else, I want better overall performance without any sacrificing. If it means a pipe that weighs a bit more, or is larger/longer so be it.

THanks for the help

I have one, its not a bad pipe at all. Power is smooth, but strong. I did not compare it to an fmf gnarly because it sounded so similar. It is not as hard hitting down low as a stock pie, but its ok. Midrange and top are ok as well. It feels more "offroad" like rather than track-exciting. Which it is supposed to be.

One cool thing is the coating. The older ones had a silver-gray coating that looks great. There should be federal laws that make them all use this coating. Its sort-of like what Kawasaki did to the kx pipes. Good looking and zero maintenance.They told me that finish was not being applied to the new ones.

I have one (Zip-Ty Signature Series 'Flow'), but I never rode the bike ('06 YZ250) with the stock pipe, so I don't really have a comparison.

What I do know is that the bike pulls awesome from the bottom, has a very mild, predictable transition (hit) into the mid-range...

...and is just a STUPID-strong, pant-soiling monster in the top end. :ride: :ride:

Yea, its not the cost of the pipe, its having to buy the depends.....

I hated describing mine as "smooth" because that sounds weak. This pipe is anything but that. Mine is well used and looks bad, but I still like it. I can think of several pipes that would be sold before it gets sold.

Is the Zip-Ty pipe still available?

They did have them on the websight, but I dont see anythign now.

I am starting to look for a new pipe myself. I did not see it there. I think Ty has moved on. Bummer. I did not see the YZ 250 Zip -Ty tank on there anymore either?

RC,

How does this pipe compare to the DEP? If I recall you have owned and used both. Not trying to start another pipe comparing thread just sounds like this pipe is the same as my DEP. Would love to hear a brutally honest answer.

Thanks.

Here is a link to some pics of a new Zip Ty pipe I sold recently. I never used it so I can't comment on it's performance. They are no longer available thru Zip Ty racing. I called and asked. I purchased this about a year and a half ago and back then they didn't have anymore of the coated pipes.

772332979_afs27-XL-2.jpg

772343275_NjpKa-XL.jpg

772344217_G4X3W-XL.jpg

772349649_rqLXx-XL.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for the pics, looks like the curve is not what I thought, looks just like an FMF or pro circuit to me.

Their website is not working properly, they show no products under exhaust so I had to google it to find the direct link. Site says out of stock, and judging by the other comments here they are not going to be making any more.