Sign in to follow this  

should i buy a 1999 Kawasaki KX 250 - $1300

If your planning on racing I'd say go with a 4-stroke but if not... its not a bad price. KBB says $1600 retail value but it all depends on condition. Kawasaki is known not to have the best motors so if you don't have alot of knowledge, find someone who does and let them ride/look at it. If it looks shaddy keep looking man. I find alot of bikes on craigslist.

best and funniest bike i ever owned - can't stand my friends kx250f in comparison - you'd have to get a 4 stroke 450 to compete with a good kx 250 2 stroke. And one other thing - The reliability can't be beat with a 2 stroke...roost

If your planning on racing I'd say go with a 4-stroke but if not... its not a bad price. KBB says $1600 retail value but it all depends on condition. Kawasaki is known not to have the best motors so if you don't have alot of knowledge, find someone who does and let them ride/look at it. If it looks shaddy keep looking man. I find alot of bikes on craigslist.

what do you mean kawasakis havent had good motors?!

they are awesome motors! the 450 is 2nd fastest of its class! and their very reliable too! ask anyone on this forum.

and its not a bad idea to get it if hes gonna race

AMA made it legal to race the 250 pingers with the 250 4 strokes.

you'd have to get a 4 stroke 450 to compete with a good kx 250 2 stroke.

Thats a good one. :ride: