decompression mod on 09 ?

as title says , does it work on the 09 ?

Yes. It's the same as the 08. If you haven't already done it, the main jet is usually a 188. Change it out with a 172 or a 175. The bike pulls a lot better.

thanks :ride::, only interested in trying to get it to start easier , but if it goes better too ,cool :ride:

i did it for my friend son but still could not start the bike when hot so he got so fustrated he sold the bike and got a kxf250

i did it for my friend son but still could not start the bike when hot so he got so fustrated he sold the bike and got a kxf250

I can certainly understand the frustration. Some bikes are just like that and some start effortlessly. So many factors go into why or why not, but it's unfortunatly in all the manufactures that deal with the same issues. There's just way more Honda's out there than any other brand and that alone magnifies any and all of Honda's issues.

we also did a toyko mods carb and then tryed different jetting nothing worked. and yes the valves were good i checked them myself.

I can certainly understand the frustration. Some bikes are just like that and some start effortlessly. So many factors go into why or why not, but it's unfortunatly in all the manufactures that deal with the same issues. There's just way more Honda's out there than any other brand and that alone magnifies any and all of Honda's issues.

Thanks Charlie :ride: bout time someone else states the truth :ride:

I did the decompressor mod on my 08 and the bike starts within 3 kicks hott or cold vs the ~35-50 prior to this mod. Jetting made no difference for me...