Sign in to follow this  

Help me choose please....

hey guys,

i currently ride a kx125 2003 model but am wayyy to big for it i am 6ft 2 and weigh 95kgs. ill be gettin the honour of purchasing a brand new bike in the next 2 months, however im stuck as to what to get! so heres my question. im pretty sure i want an enduro bike as i attend trail rides and have enduro loops of my own i rarely jump any bigger than 40ft and even then i only do that a dozen times a year. I have been looking at KTM's mainly because they make the 530exc and for the same weight as the 450 i thought it would be a great bike. however i have heard a few rumours that the ktm 4 stroke arent nearly as reliable as the jap bikes... is this true??? also there is a brand new 2009 model kx450f at my dealer for $9500 AU. although i did say i wanted an enduro bike. wont be doing much road riding anyway. would i be better off with the more agile kx450f over the 530exc for the type of riding i do? please guys post a comment and i am completely open about any other bikes you want to suggest..

hey guys,

i currently ride a kx125 2003 model but am wayyy to big for it i am 6ft 2 and weigh 95kgs. ill be gettin the honour of purchasing a brand new bike in the next 2 months, however im stuck as to what to get! so heres my question. im pretty sure i want an enduro bike as i attend trail rides and have enduro loops of my own i rarely jump any bigger than 40ft and even then i only do that a dozen times a year. I have been looking at KTM's mainly because they make the 530exc and for the same weight as the 450 i thought it would be a great bike. however i have heard a few rumours that the ktm 4 stroke arent nearly as reliable as the jap bikes... is this true??? also there is a brand new 2009 model kx450f at my dealer for $9500 AU. although i did say i wanted an enduro bike. wont be doing much road riding anyway. would i be better off with the more agile kx450f over the 530exc for the type of riding i do? please guys post a comment and i am completely open about any other bikes you want to suggest..

I ride a kx450f and ride with a guy who rides a 530exc. He is a big guy too, probably 6'3" and 100kgs. He likes it mainly because he can ride it on the road legally and he likes having the biggest engine that he can, that is just how he rolls. That said, I can ride circles around him in the trails, the tighter it gets the slower he goes. I would not choose the 530 over the 450 unless I am riding wide open desert.

I have heard that the ktm 4 strokes are more reliable than the Jap bikes...especially the Hondas. You can talk to 4 people and hear 4 different opinions about which bike is unreliable. I have had good luck with my 2006 kawi 450....bought it new in 2006 and it is still running great and the valves have been within spec every time I have checked them.

You will be a lot better with the Japanese 450F bikes, most notably, YZ450F/ WR450F, KX450F, and newer models CRF450X (yes, that's the X series), reliability-wise :ride:

That is if you're particularly aiming at 4-stroke

Just remember, that 4T_thumbs_down comes from the jungle(where it is really hot and only KTM bikes puke coolant all the time:bonk:), and believes that KTM is a piece of shit company. All the bikes suggested are good, but don't count out the KTM just because 1 person who is obviously against them says so.

Just remember, that 4T_thumbs_down comes from the jungle(where it is really hot and only KTM bikes puke coolant all the time:bonk:), and believes that KTM is a piece of shit company. All the bikes suggested are good, but don't count out the KTM just because 1 person who is obviously against them says so.

Didn't say anything against the good-for-nothing notorious boilers and battery drainers, substandard performing, costing a lot Keep-Throwing-Money's :lol:

But since you insist on asking me by calling out my handle, how would you not want proven and trust-worthy bikes ---- the Japanese bikes, when they only cost (for an import here in my place, as brand-new, with the current forex, without yet any land transportation registry):

1. 2007 CRF450R ---- P400,000 (US$8,500)

2. 2008 CRF450X ---- P430,000 (US$9,200)

3. 2008 YZ250 2-stroke ---- P365,000 (US$7,800)

....to mention a few of them....

....against

a brand-new 2008 KTM 450EXC ---- P535,000 (US$11,400); and

a 2nd-hand 2006 KTM 300EXC ---- P410,000 (US$8,700), among all other KTM's :D

THIS IS ALL BASED ON WHAT WE WITNESS HERE AND WHAT YOU HEAR IN YOUR PLACE THAT THEM KTM'S REALLY RUN HOT.... Not to mention, rescuing them with our Japanese bikes after them KTM's puked out badly and/or drained-out batteries, 120% GUARANTEED :ride:

It's not because they Kost-Too-Much and that we couldn't afford them, BUT because, most of us here, DON'T like them that's why we DON'T BUY THEM, OK? :ride::D

....The Japanese bikes are far better than them KTM's, OK? :D ....Now, don't take this away from us since it's our hard-earned money we're using to purchase Jap bikes, not yours.... Same thing also applies to you, OK? :D

Geeze, you don't even know what's the update on Jap bikes to even speak about them (like the recent YZ250's you mistakenly thought-out that they are just modified into AF types from Service Honda! haha! :D).... You've been so falsely blinded with publicity from the crappy White-Power supremacist Nazi bike made in Austria.

post171206092489hu1.jpg

Now since you're having fun asking it ---- Do you wanna see a video of one of my buddy's 2006 525EXC leaking oil from the cylinder block? Haha! :D Just ask me, i will upload it :D

cimg6062kf9.jpg

You will be a lot better with the Japanese 450F bikes, most notably, YZ450F/ WR450F, KX450F, and newer models CRF450X (yes, that's the X series), reliability-wise :ride:

That is if you're particularly aiming at 4-stroke

This is nothing but another LIE that 2thumbdown can't keep from puking.

One of these days he get it all over himself............

BEST off road bike is everyone favorite "KTM" (except 2thumbs) :lol::ride:

BTW..I've seen nothing you said to be proven or trust-worthy, just an opinion which we all have.... Some a little more than others...:D

This is nothing but another LIE that 2thumbdown can't keep from puking.

One of these days he get it all over himself............

BEST off road bike is everyone favorite "KTM" (except 2thumbs) :ride: :ride:

BTW..I've seen nothing you said to be proven or trust-worthy, just an opinion which we all have.... Some a little more than others...:lol:

Well, for a redneck Lonestar pro-slavery guy like you, what do you expect :D ....of course, you'd always love White-Power puking KTM's :D

Chill George! :D :D

2009 KTM 450EXC msrp brand new--------$9148 USD

Geeze, for a country that has a major KTM "manufacturing" outlet, the price on those pukers and battery-drainers is still way tooooooo stiff :lol:

Makes a lot of sense that those prices are even magnified in countries that only import/ trade high-end bikes to consumers :ride:

....Geeze, you'd be lucky if Honda Phils. and Yamaha Motors Phils. are locally marketing CRF's/ CRF-X's and YZ's/ YZF's/ WRF's :D

Still not a good resale value for a 4 year old used bike, not to mention a puking bike ---- for the 2006 KTM 450EXC, should be even way way less than that! :ride:

post171206092489hu1.jpg

Here's a US$3,000 2007 Japanese bike that brought rennaissance/ re-awakening to a long-time hardcore KTM guy :D :D :D

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=825442

4t thumbs down, why do you bother?

Josmoloco, why did you call me out in the first place ---- when my original post was addressed to the thread-starter?

Why do you always have to clean your hands in all our debates, Pontius? :ride:

....Nah, why bother to answer that :ride:

Well, for a redneck Lonestar pro-slavery guy like you, what do you expect ....of course, you'd always love White-Power puking KTM's

:ride::ride::lol::D

You forgot the most important part,

:D:ride::D:ride::D:moon::D:lol::D:moon::D:D:D:moon::D:D:D:moon::D:D:D:moon

Next time don't take my words out of context :D

You forgot the most important part,

:D:moon::D:ride::D:moon::D:ride::D:moon::D

Next time don't take my words out of context :lol:

Yeah, i actually deleted it :D

Next time know my purpose and intentions, OK? :D

:D :D

You forgot the most important part

Next time don't take my words out of context :ride: