Sign in to follow this  

Aero Trailers Toy Hauler with Living Quarters

Anybody have any info on them and there trailers. Cargo Mate trailers that come from Forrest River. Aero Trailers are located a little south of Daytona in FL. www.aerotrailers.com.

they look nice! thats just what i would want except the bunk beds should fold up. i wonder how much$$$?

Nice find! I'm curious as to how much something like that costs.

Simple, compact and easy to clean.

Add about $4k to $6k to the cost of the trailer ($7-$8k). That's about the same as these new lightweight 19' toyhaulers going for $13.5k.

By going through there entire website I am learning lots about trailers that I didn't know. One of the most valuable pieces of info was the info on axles. The drop down set back axle with leaf springs seems to be the way to go. I am now on my hands and knees when I look at cargo trailers looking at the axles and support/cross beams. I totally agree to spend a little more initially to avoid future problems down the road. My biggest complaint with all trailers/toyhaulers nowadays is the lack of windows/size of them. I'm a fresh air kind of guy and like lots of ventilation moving thru the trailer. At the races/events I have seen guys sleep with the rear doors/ramp open and the opening fully screened to keep the bugs out. Most seem to use velcro or magnets to hold the screen in place. I will be working on my bike and sleeping in the rear bike port. I like the idea of the concession trailer type openings on each side of the rear area. You can leave them open in the rain, they let lots of light and air in. Screens would have to made for use for overnight camping. Some trailer companies offer them in 4, 6 and 8 ft. lenghts. I hope to see Aero trailers next month when I head north for bike week in Daytona. Capt D.

Another nice option, but there is nothing like that quick shower before plopping into that nice clean bed.......

Curious what the price is on the 8x16. The other ones look to be just simply modified cargo trailers, but it looks like nice work. Not sure how you could keep the price too low considering the cost of the trailer itself plus a real generator/batteries, A/C, heater, water heater, tanks, pumps, appliances, furnishings, etc., etc. I wonder how it would compare to this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-Work-and-Play-WPT21UL-Brand-New-Light-Toyhauler-CR_W0QQitemZ110493471166QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRVs_Campers?hash=item19b9ec91be

Curious what the price is on the 8x16. The other ones look to be just simply modified cargo trailers, but it looks like nice work. Not sure how you could keep the price too low considering the cost of the trailer itself plus a real generator/batteries, A/C, heater, water heater, tanks, pumps, appliances, furnishings, etc., etc. I wonder how it would compare to this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-Work-and-Play-WPT21UL-Brand-New-Light-Toyhauler-CR_W0QQitemZ110493471166QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRVs_Campers?hash=item19b9ec91be

Thats a good find Brian. Bookmark that bitch and I'll pick it up next week:thumbsup:

they are nice but even unloaded without water and gas for the fuel station they are over if not close to the GVWR of a 1/2 ton truck. getting a 3/4 diesel just to tow the trailer that you use 3-4 times a summer is a little over kill. the new hybrid toyhaulers arent bad and can be found for cheap if you know where to look and are still 1/2 ton towable fully loaded most of the time

they are nice but even unloaded without water and gas for the fuel station they are over if not close to the GVWR of a 1/2 ton truck. getting a 3/4 diesel just to tow the trailer that you use 3-4 times a summer is a little over kill. the new hybrid toyhaulers arent bad and can be found for cheap if you know where to look and are still 1/2 ton towable fully loaded most of the time

haha, yeah I guess so.

I ride with Emerybrian and we are gone every weekend and always atleast 100miles from home.

i said close because my f150 had a 7k lb GVWR. add in 55 gallons of water (455lbs), propane tanks(70lbs), bikes(500lbs), gear(65lbs), food and whatever else. and you will be over. look at a 18ft carson rebel. they will be definately GVWR and still have the room you need.

Lets spark some new life in this topic. Did Capt D buy one? anyone else buy one.

There are just modified cargo trailers and that's fine. It would be nice if they had a 12 by 12 roof vent, and maybe prewired for air conditioner.