breaking in a new bike

im going to be getting my first brand new bike. Is it a pain to brake in a new bike? my friends tell em that it'll stall a lot and if i go past half throttle ill **** my engine, are they tellin the truth or are they just BSin me?

I just like to do a 3 heat cycle.

Ride until it's hot then let completely cool, repeat 2 times. Don't over rev and don't over lug the engine just ride it normal.

Edited by MXOldtimer

Oh and you can't change your oil enough in a new bike. You want to get any shavings or friction bits (you'll see the sparkles in the oil) out of that engine. :ride:

thanks, that helps alot

I do similar to what MXOldtimer does. That mototune method sounds crazy to me.

I ride it like I stole it. then change the oil, then repeat 2x.

Since my bike "was" stolen previously and ridden like it, I know it can take it. :ride:

every bike i have ever owned i rode it like i stole it!!!!a new bike has at least 4 hours on it from factory and i have had no problems either

I too have just ridden it exactly like I would if it wasn't new. I just make sure the bike is warmed up COMPLETELY, then just go riding and forget about it. No problems yet.

I just like to do a 3 heat cycle.

Ride until it's hot then let completely cool, repeat 2 times. Don't over rev and don't over lug the engine just ride it normal.

I've been doing this for years never a problem:thumbsup:

I've been doing this for years never a problem:thumbsup:

Same here! Why not be careful when it´s new, and how do you know that it has a certain time on it from the factory? Feels good to be kind to a new engine. You´ll have time to rev it later anyway!

Nope, this is the only way and the best way, follow these directions precisely.

1. Start the bike and let it idle for exactly 25 minutes

2. Mix in 100:1 two stroke oil in the gas and run the bike again for 25 minutes

3. When the moon is 3/4 full, go for a ride, the magnetic pull helps keep the oil suspended on the internal parts more, allowing for a perfect break in

4. Fill the cylinder with extra virgin olive oil at 25 degrees exactly, wash it out with epson salts and kerosene and start the bike one more time for the last heat cycle for exactly 22 seconds.

Bike has been broken in, you may now ride.

3. When the moon is 3/4 full, go for a ride, the magnetic pull helps keep the oil suspended on the internal parts more, allowing for a perfect break in

4. Fill the cylinder with extra virgin olive oil at 25 degrees exactly, wash it out with epson salts and kerosene and start the bike one more time for the last heat cycle for exactly 22 seconds.

I 2nd that... :ride:

:ride:

:D:ride::ride::ride::D:lol::lol:

I'll try that the next time the moon is at 3/4:thumbsup:

Warm it up for 2 minutes, get on , ride like a maniac for 10-15 minutes, come back, change the oil... then ride like a maniac for an hour, come back and change the oil....

like others have said, when its new you'll find lots of crap in the oil and you want to get that stuff out fast