ktm 150sx powervalve wont connect???

So a couple of weeks ago I put a new piston,rings,needle bearing in my bike and when I put everything back together I realized I forgot to close my powervalve on my cylinder so the arm would connect to the bottom arm coming out of the bottom end.

So I pull my engine apart again and make sure the arm is completely aligned. Completely aligned was having the top arm about quarter of inch from the stop(when it hits the side of the cylinder)

Now when I run my bike the powervalve will not open. After 1/4 throttle no power.

Has anyone found a trick to getting the arms to line up properly???

It worked fine for me 6 monthes ago but now I can't get it to work and I really wanna ride and stop wrenching!!

Maybe this isnt powervalve related?? I dont know, I could use some help.

Also with the powervalve supposedly stuck on close My bike seems to rev fine in nuetral. Why is that? shouldnt the powervalve need to open to rev out?

there is a thread on here recently that basically tells the same story, except a 200, Veccster is the OP.

How tight are the alignment bolts in the side of the cylinder that hold the PV?

one of Veccster's exhaust ports had gotten tight and wouldn't let the PV assembly open.

when you rev the bike in neutral, does the mark on the shift side move?

Ok so I took of the powervalve peep hole on the shift side and nothing was moving when I revved... Powervalve not connected.....

Any suggestions on how to connect the arms perfectly when I put the cylinder on again?

Ok so I took of the powervalve peep hole on the shift side and nothing was moving when I revved... Powervalve not connected.....

Any suggestions on how to connect the arms perfectly when I put the cylinder on again?

pull the jug back up far enough to get in there and line the fork and ball up so when the jug goes back on they line up. get some help if needed.

I put my fork in the same position it was when I took it off and mine went together with no issues.

remove the pipe and the RIGHT side inspection port, use a flashlite to look in the hole and you can see the fork n ball to be sure its aligned properly as you lower the cyl.