Sign in to follow this  

Cernics and the KTM350

I have been emailing Cernics about this bike and they told me that it will be in the $8 grand range and they want a $500 deposit that you will not get back if you decide to not get it. They will be also asking list price for it. They can have it!

When I was asking about price the salesman asked me how much I was willing to spend. That was the dumbest thing a salesman could of asked me. Now I know why I have been buying from World of Wheels for the last 15 years.

You should have told that salesman that you´re willing to spend lots of money-in fact money isn´t an issue at all. You´ll pay a deposit on two 350 SXF´s if he can give you the exact price and the exact date you can pick those bikes up. You want to have that info now ,on paper , and if the bike delivery is delayed ,even for a day, you´ll get a settlement "in 8 grand range".

What a dick ! :ride:

I just got done emailing back and forth with the owner from Cernics and as I thought, He was cool to chat with. Sounds like he will work with me. I am heading there next Saturday to see him and put down some cash.

so when is this 350 going to actually be available in the usa? i would like one but if there isnt going to be parts available then ktm can keep it. my bikes need parts every few week with as much as i ride them.

I finally got a answer on the MSRP of the 350. The rep told Cernics it will be $8495.00.

Jeff Cernic is one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet. In a world full of jack ass' Jeff is one of the "Good Guys". That's why Travis still has so much to do with Cernics Racing.

He's also a straight shooter. If he tells you one thing he will "try" to stick to it best he can (within reason).

Mikeee P

Are you wanting to buy a bike or just jerk off the salesmen and brag to your friends?

If you are going to buy the bike why do you care if the deposit is refundable or not?

I finally got a answer on the MSRP of the 350. The rep told Cernics it will be $8495.00.

ouch!

Yah. $8,500 is quite a bit for a bike that will be worth approximately $3,500 in 1 year.

Not that all the brands aren't in the same situation but your going to get smacked if you pay full retail on that thing.

Seriously if thats the price on them I am going to be taking my deposit back and picking up a leftover '09 250 2 stroke. These 4 strokes are getting out of hand.

Hey Crusher - Isn´t a deposit just that - a deposit ? Meaning you don´t get it back if you change your mind about the deal. You commit yourself to the deal and so does the seller. Am i missing something here???:ride:

Hey Crusher - Isn´t a deposit just that - a deposit ? Meaning you don´t get it back if you change your mind about the deal. You commit yourself to the deal and so does the seller. Am i missing something here???:ride:

I wouldn't give a non refundable deposit unless they were willing to put the whole deal on paper with your final price. Sounded like the initial salesman wanted the deposit without even quoting final price. I have been in a similar spot with my ktm dealer when they only have three of a certain model comming in and want my money now but can't tell me th eprice until it actually shows up. They say there is only one left, the other two have deposits. I don't know if ktm doesn't give them the full details until it's on the truck but getting a price from my dealer before the bike actually hits the floor has been difficult unless I agreed to pay full msrp which I never do. Hondas etc they seem to have no problem making a quick call and giving me a price. Just a thought.

I made sure it was refundable. My local dealer is a good dealer and hasn't been able to get any info really that I didn't already know. My deposit was what the called a first right of refusal. I could wait for the details and either take it or pass off to the next guy.

Yah. $8,500 is quite a bit for a bike that will be worth approximately $3,500 in 1 year.

You need to get a little better at selling used bikes...if not, let me know next time you're sell one of yours.

That's actually pretty darn close to the other FI 450's out there!

They are all right there at $7999-$8199 list now!

The only reason I was pissed was because the salesmen asked me how much I was willing to spend when I was asking about price and the deposit. That was like asking me if I would turn around and bend over.

That was like asking me if I would turn around and bend over.

Well did ya? Don't worry, your secret is safe here. :ride:

I have spoken with Jeff the owner and he is a stand up guy! Anyone with in reasonable driving distance to Cernics and are looking for a KTM, Give them a shot but I would talk to Jeff only.